Welcomed a new family member

104timberwolf

Full Fledged Farker
Took delivery of my Assassin GF17 smoker Friday afternoon. The smallest of the Assassin lineup, this thing is still a beast and incredibly well built. I seasoned it Saturday morning and hooked up the DynaQ controller that’s been awaiting the arrival of “Little Enos.” It held to within +/- one degree of 250 for over four hours before I shut it down.

I’ve used an old Brinkmann offset firebox smoker for some time and have become accustomed to the constant tending that it requires. This new style of cooking is going to be fun.

Last edited:
Congrats! That is a thing of beauty. Enjoy the great food that will be coming off of it. Be sure to post some pics of your cooks.

Oh my, that's a nice looking tank you have there. Would like more pics if you're willing to share. IVS bros unite! There are literally dozens of us!

Looks like some solid craftsmanship! Very nice. Hope she treat you well! That dynaQ is fancy. I'm running an old FB 300 still! Do you have any opinions on it yet?

Oh my, that's a nice looking tank you have there. Would like more pics if you're willing to share. IVS bros unite! There are literally dozens of us!

Looks like some solid craftsmanship! Very nice. Hope she treat you well! That dynaQ is fancy. I'm running an old FB 300 still! Do you have any opinions on it yet?

I’ve only seasoned it so far. It’s been wet here and it’s just too pretty to run in the rain just yet. I’ve never run a controller and was shocked at just how well it held temperature once set. Bluetooth connectivity was consistent throughout the house.

Back