THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kevinstaggs

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Kevin
Stopped by the house at noon and prepped a couple of racks of spares. Silver skin and flap removed, a St. Louis-ish trim.

MAK set to 275F with a mix of LJ Apple and CookinPellets Hickory. Ran them unattended until around 5:30ish. Wrapped 'em in some foil to rest while I made some canned (God forgive me) pintos and some fries (cajun spice of course).

Turned out okay:

Thanks for lookin.

Thanks girl. How's your deer season going? Yet again, I didn't draw McAlester but we did harvest a few locals...

Thanks Kevin! Got a nice 16 pt, 30 minutes into opening morning. Took the week off to host deer camp for friends.
I'll go back out for a doe.

Glad to hear you had a successful harvest! That'll be good eatin' this winter! :grin:

Nice lookin' ribs, Kevin! When I see posts like this, I tell myself once again I need to get a pellet cooker...

Nice lookin' ribs, Kevin! When I see posts like this, I tell myself once again I need to get a pellet cooker...

Christmas is coming up and you're on the nice list, so...

Honestly, you'll enjoy and/or use one. Like all machines they have their pros and cons, but they are, at a minimum, a good addition to your tool belt. You may even find that you use the darn thing most of the time. And despite what you might hear, there's no shame in that.

Nope, I go for the meat. One of the friends hunting here did some measuring and came up with 170something. I have no idea what that means but I'm happy with the deer. :grin:

170 inches is BIG. Really BIG. Please tell me you caped him out and are mounting... At least a European mount...

Pellet cookers are interesting. For best Smokey/somewhat grilled I prefer a drum. My favorite grill is Tiernan SOB.. however, I cook outside quite often and sometimes push button cooking fills in perfectly...the infusion of smoke is lighter. That's not a bad thing. In fact often it's exactly what I'm looking for. For what they do, if you read the instructions manual, keep them cleaned up, and keep your pellets dry-- they work.

Back