THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pete's Meat

Knows what a fatty is.
My brother-in-law asked me to smoke some meat for his wedding coming up.
We decided in brisket and pulled chicken for 60ish people, all adults.
Somehow I came up with the notion that I need to cook 3 briskets. Does that sound right for 60 people?
What about chicken? I plan on splitting the birds in half for the cook. I'm just wondering how much I need to cook.
There are going to be other sides, and plenty of them. I just want to make sure there's enough meat.

I would guestimate on 1/3 pound brisket (20 pounds cooked) and 1/4 chicken per person. 2 briskets about 15 pounds each after trimming should be enough. 15 chickens quartered should also be enough. I go 15 percent over just in case, so I would go with 3 briskets about 12 pounds each and 18 whole chickens, quartered. You should wind up with about 24 pounds of brisket. I would cut up some of the chicken into pieces in case anyone doesn't want a quarter. You might want to go a little higher in case 60ish turns into 70ish. Just my .02 hope it helps

Sounds good. I'll stick with my 3 briskets then, I think I was using he same numbers when I came up with it, but couldn't remember how I got there.

I was only going to 1/2 the chickens for cooking purpose, then I'm going to pull the meat for sandwiches if people want. Should I shoot for 24 lbs of cooked and pulled chicken so I have about the same of chicken and brisket?

Back