THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1buckie

Babbling Farker
I use those fine mesh aluminum expanded metal grilling screens, two clamped together to make it so the stuff won't fall thru....

EndJune2-12001.jpg

Smoke awhile; having the corn off the cob will allow the smoke to pick up way better....

EndJune2-12007.jpg

Then some onion, small diced, same concept, better smoke pickup....

EndJune2-12012.jpg

Rinse baby black beans real well, mix in with the others & add a small amount of white pepper,
fine ground chiles ( I used pequins ), some un-smoked onion for crunch,
& coat with just enough olive oil to evenly cover everything ( I used jalepeno infused oil )

EndJune2-12021.jpg

This mix is pretty zingy, you can back out the pepper & ground chiles & use mild oil, I've done it that way & it's still really good !!!!

Stuff is really addictive....some tortilla chips & I'll eat 'till I puff up..............

Fairly low heat, maybe 45 minutes or less.....stir or fold over a few times like you can see there.....................comes out pretty nice.....

the smokiest batch I ever did, I thought was too sharp-edged & all the neighbors & their friends loved it?

BWTFDIK?

Thanks all.....

This is one of those 'smoke as an added spice or flavoring' fixups....it really changes the flavor from making, like say, a regular corn relish of some kind......fun & easy to do....test it out !!!!

Back