THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VoodoChild

is one Smokin' Farker
Searched But couldnt find anything... Anyone Know Of , Done Or made a Stand or Stronger legs for the smokey joe ???
basically as a mini wsm they wobble a bit and i d like to make it stronger

I found this on another forum and am planning on doing this when i build mine next week.

013ss.jpg

You could basically just make duplicates of the stock SJ legs, out of stronger metal.

CD

Last edited:
A couple stainless fender washers on each leg, gently re-shaped to match the contour of the Smokey Joe (one on the inside and one between the leg and bowl) really sturdies up the legs.

I saw a picture of one where they had added 3 more legs, evenly spaced. So it had 6. Looked pretty good. I was a little concerned with stability, but haven't had a problem. It's always on a level stable surface, and it's not getting moved much while in use. One thing I did notice is one of the legs tends to get a little cockeyed, making the smoker not sit level. I just check before I get it lit and straighten as necessary.

You could basically just make duplicates of the stock SJ legs, out of stronger metal.

CD

My SJ has some seriously rusted-through legs. Hoping someone with experience in working metal can answer this. Would some thick zinc coated metal be ok to duplicate the legs? I thought about getting plain steel, but I'd like to keep the "shine" that the original legs should have. As usual, I appreciate your advice/opinions.... thanks!

I found this on another forum and am planning on doing this when i build mine next week.

013ss.jpg

Good find. Same principle I used for my legs on my brinkmann gourmet mods. I am planning on using aluminum flat stock an making new legs similar to these.

Back