DIY Mini WSM w/ Smokey Joe Gold

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
I have a DIY Mini WSM I made with Smokey Joe Gold, custom expanded metal fire basket, tamale pot, and foil covered terra cotta planter tray.

It works wonderfully for a pork butt, or even chicken, very efficient and automode temp control like I get with my 18.5 WSM. Saves me a lot of money on fuel and wood chunks because it's so small.

However, as you know the smokey joe gold feet are kind weak and wobbly.

I was wondering, have any of you put real 14.5 WSM feet on this smokey joe gold? Is it possible? I'd really like there to be no chance it can be knocked or blown over easily. Sort of annoying how the whole thing wobbles around even while taking the lid off the tamale pan.

Several several years ago, I made my dad some upgraded legs for his using 1" aluminum flat bar. I copied off a fella who put his drawings out there for that purpose whether he realized it or not). Not sure I could find it again. It's was at a time where you could not swing a stick on this site without hitting a thread about a uds or a mini-wsm.

It was pretty simple- (or I could not have managed it.) I'll see if I can find it- but man that's been a while.

You can do some looking at the Virtual Weber site- search for Smokey Joe Legs.

pretty sure that's where I found it.

good luck

Back