THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin said:
Has it got a side burner? I use that more than anything else. Works great for lighting the charcoal chimney.

I don't think so. I went back to newspaper to light chimneys. Got tires of paying for propane. My cheap gasser is going down hill.

I have one about the same age and it cooks great.
Easy to clean and replacement are widely available.
It's worth the money.
I have been using it since we are under a burn ban here and
I haven't been using charcoal.

thillin said:
I don't think so. I went back to newspaper to light chimneys. Got tires of paying for propane. My cheap gasser is going down hill.

Last cook I did, I used those Weber charcoal lighting cubes under the chimney. Couldn't decide if I could taste it or not. The package claims you can't.

FatDad said:
I have one about the same age and it cooks great.
Easy to clean and replacement are widely available.
It's worth the money.
I have been using it since we are under a burn ban here and
I haven't been using charcoal.

I'm still using charcoal very discreetly................:icon_smil

I use the paper to light my coals also. Does the side burner do a better/faster job? Never really thought of using my gasser for lighting coals.

JTMcD.

You can always offer the guy $75 and if he doesn't take it then work your way back up to $100. If you can take a look at it, check out the bottom of the firebox. That's the part that can corrode and cause problems. Its possible to get a new firebox, but I don't know how much it would cost.

Back