THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I bailed. Three WM’s showed in stock, went in person- none to be found. Our United had a sale on Organic Nature All Natural Hardwood Lump. Bought three bags @11$
So I have 1.75 bags of Western, 3 of Organic Nature and three full bags Kingsford Hickory briquettes. I’m good for a few months. My search is over.

That’s a two week supply for me.

Do I have a problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s a two week supply for me.

Do I have a problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You’re fine. I quit eating supper and eat mostly BALi food list. Eliminating that third meal opting for a 16-18 hour fast every day really cut back on my cooks. It also cut my weight and blood pressure. It’s not for everyone, but has worked well for my wife and I (me-myself whatever:) )

I still cook out a lot, but post #22 in another thread explains my desire for small cookers.
I also want a Smoke N It #1, just because. Itty bitty thing.

I found them for $5 a 30#bag at a Wal Mart not too far from me. I bought five bags. I had already bought two at $10 last month and was happy with the quality.

I found them for $5 a 30#bag at a Wal Mart not too far from me. I bought five bags. I had already bought two at $10 last month and was happy with the quality.

Dang $5!? I've got about 10bags still and am now watching for a price drop in our area to get more as lots of Walmarts have a lot in stock. Hopefully they will follow suit :-D

My closest Walmart listed it in stock, but none there. They did have 20 lb B&B for 12.44. Never tried it. Is that a good deal? I've only used Cowboy lump with better results lately than I've had in the past.

My closest Walmart listed it in stock, but none there. They did have 20 lb B&B for 12.44. Never tried it. Is that a good deal? I've only used Cowboy lump with better results lately than I've had in the past.

Not a horrible price for B&B and it's good charcoal. I bought a bag of Hickory earlier this year. I liked it, but am really digging on the Western. If your WalMart is like mine, the pallets of Western are still on on the rack, and you have to ask them to get you some. I just grabbed 4 more on Thurs night.

Bought a bag of the Western last week for just under $10. Went back to get a couple more bags after trying it with good luck and it was $5 a bag. Picked up 7 bags. I had just got mulch so that's all that would fit in my truck bed. Will probably go back and get a few more bags this weekend.

Bought a bag of the Western last week for just under $10. Went back to get a couple more bags after trying it with good luck and it was $5 a bag. Picked up 7 bags. I had just got mulch so that's all that would fit in my truck bed. Will probably go back and get a few more bags this weekend.

For $10 it is good, for $5 it is amazing. I am on my second bag. Works well for grilling or smoking. I need to see if I can still get it.

Back