It Is Time- my search continues..🙌🔥🔥🙌

Grove Charcoal is good if you have it in your area. I find it at Sunset Foods, Butera or Piggly Wiggly. Grove is based in Wisconsin and highly ranked on Naked Whiz. Royal Oak seems to be better than it was years ago or maybe I’ve been desensitized.

Another Ozark Oak recoveree here. Mostly use Royal Oak but tempted to try Rockwood at the recommendation of several Eggheads.

I buy Wicked Good by the pallet but have a big storage shed to be able to store it in, not practical for most folks.

NE Iowa has some great trout streams, bring a trailer and I'll order another pallet... :)

I picked up 4 bags of Royal Oak at HD yesterday. You get $3.50 per bag discount if you buy 4. Made them price match Lowe's on 2 bags of Weber and saved $12 more.

I buy Wicked Good by the pallet but have a big storage shed to be able to store it in, not practical for most folks.

NE Iowa has some great trout streams, bring a trailer and I'll order another pallet... :)

I do the same thing. Quality product. I am down to about 10 bags.

For The Holy Grail. Well, charcoal Grail anyway. I’m down to 1/3 bag Weber briquettes and one bag Whole Foods natural lump and a couple limbs of El Diablo mesquite lump. My first inclination is B&B, but I’ve been there. Great product not one time have I ever found anything but quality in B&B.
But I need that variety in my BBQ Life. I was walking by a new Q shop here in town and they had a pallet of The Good One. Whiz gives them a high rating though what I saw was an older review. Locally owned store. Another locally owned store advertises Rockwood.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumprankpoll.htm

May just go with The Good One lump. New experience. Both the coals and the store.

If you ever got used to Ozark Oak, you understand my pain.

I worked my way through several bags of Rockwood and was generally well pleased.

Con was a lot of sparking at startup, which whatever, but also a lot of small parts and dust.

I've been using the new Kamado Joe big lump stuff and have been very pleased. Lots of big chunks and not a lot of chaff down the bottom.