THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Surf and Turf" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These are BBQ Brethren Calendar worthy shots, no doubt....

I thought so too! I made a pink chiffon number for Scrog to wear for a calendar shoot with these other dishes, but she took one look, gave me a look that'll kill and scampered off. Haven't seen her in ... oh fark, Scrog might be a boy! It's hard to tell with these genetic mutants!

I couldn't make up my mind (as usual) so I asked the missus. She went with Rick's Tropical Delight's and wants the RECIPE!

recipe? for the steak?

- buy a $20/pound 30 day dry-aged ribeye
- set on counter for 2 hours and stare at it
- add a little kosher salt
- cook on big green egg at 500 degrees; 2 minutes, then rotate 90 degrees and 2 minutes more, then flip and 2 minutes more, then rotate 90 degrees and 2 minutes more, then stick with thermometer and pull at your target, this was 129.37 :biggrin: and was on for a total of about ten minutes

the shrimp was skewered with scallions then ev olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper, and dizzy pig swamp venom marinated for about 1 hour then about 3 minutes on the egg while the steak finished.

:shock: i taught jeorge everything he knows! :biggrin:

IMHO, It's a tie for Cracklin George and RTD this time. It's the steaks that get me... they'd win a "steak" throwdown on their own I think. I'm gonna hang on for a while and have a think...

I was stuck on the same pictures. Both were great but Rick got my vote. Perfectly cooked steak(aged none the less) and skrimps.....MMMMM. Great quality photography!!:eusa_clap

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGHHHHHH! i'm losing and i voted for the leader and there's some strange animal on my tail! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH :biggrin:

don't let jeorge win! i know what he's going to pick for the next category! :twisted:

This may have the best looking plate up's I have seen. You all deserve accommodations. And as soon as the snow is manageable, it's inspired me to jump in.

I got a couple votes!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like Steve Martin in the Jerk. :) What is next, my name in the phone book? LOL

Rick you got my vote again. Darn I had no choice really, the colors are fabulous.

But I think the next time either of us gets the urge to cook a $20 a pound chunk of meat we should at least extend the other an invite to dinner.

Yes I suppose your right, but...

I made my best meal took my best pic and yet I liked yours better.
The dog was even in my lap sniffing at the monitor when I was reviewing your pic and I wasn't going to run the risk of making him mad!

Once again there are lots of great entries! You guys (and gals) are really stepping up he food photography! There were several entries that screamed "EAT ME!" and one that just made me scream :-D

Too many good ones to choose from. I voed by what I was most like to sit down and devour and want again and again. It does not seem to have received a lot of votes but mlukewows looked fantastic to me.

BTW, I have mentally had every one of these plates over and over. Can;t tell you how many times I have looked at this thread.

here's the same shot, real size, no photoshop other than crop.

sandt-018zz.jpg

Rick, man the steak is just too good. I like Georges lobster better than your prawns, but I gotta look at it this way... Your Steak is a 10/10. Your prawns are a 8/10. George's Steak 8/10, and The lobster a 9/10: It's 18 to 17 for Rick... Man, I just wish we could get a taste, Cheers!

Back