THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grillfella

is one Smokin' Farker
I was thinking about vending bbq turkey legs for an upcoming concert in the park. What do you guys think? are they a money maker? at the fair out here in orange county they did well. Not sure if restaurant depot carries them. Any thoughts

thanks in advance

Bill D
grillfellascatering.com

Concert in the park crowd doeasn't sound like a turkey leg crowd (to me). Go with what you know, maybe add a chicken breast sandwich (?)

RD doesn't carry them. It would have to be a special order.

I have ordered then from RD, they were pre cooked and frozen. Real easy , just heat em up and sell. ALl you you need is somebody walking around with one at all times and they sell like crazy

I tried vending some El Grande 2# turkey legs a few years ago and lost my A$$. Could have been time of year - a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. Cooked 'em on site...they were pretty fine -- finally started giving them away just to keep from throwing them away.

They are a good product and Disney sells a ton of them...just depends on the day and crowd.

They go over VERY well here. They need to be ordered through my butcher though

Back