THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

MrMike

Knows what a fatty is.
I found this at a local flea market - it's a B&D shop vac that sits on a 55 gallon drum. I bought it for 40 bucks with the thought of making a UDS out of it. I'm assuming that the drum came with the vacuum. It came out of school shop, so I'm guessing it didn't contain any hazardous chemicals - seeing as how they could be vented out of the vacuum. It also has casters on the base, attached to a wooden disc on the bottom of the drum. I'm guessing I'll have to remove that piece of wood if a fire basket is gonna be sitting on top of it.
Did I score or am i stuck with just a big-a** shop vac?

Attachments

• Picture 181.jpg
    Picture 181.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 202
I would use it as a big shop vac! That is something I've needed several times!

Yep...looks like a big shop vac sittin' on a 55 gallon drum. I bet a dollar to a dime a 22 1/2 inch Weber kettle lid will fit! :p

If you don't need the vacuum, I'd be posting that same pic on Craigslist with caveat that the drum is not included.

If memory serves, those B&D vacuums are suitable for wet and dry. For dry use only, a fiber drum will probably work fine.

Chris

My thoughts exactly. Or seeing if it will fit a plastic drum which can be had for free in my area. One odd note - I asked around at all the usual places about getting a steel drum - schools, scrap dealers....they all looked at me like I was shopping for weapons-grade plutonium. Once I told them what it was for, they eased up. The scrap guy then quoted me 55 bucks. Glad I waited...

I would use it as a big shop vac! That is something I've needed several times!

me too.... mount that sucker (pun intended) on the wall in the garage and you set for a LOT cheaper than the retail versions. or send me PM with the price of the "lid" with shipping to MA

cheers,

scott

Back