THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All that you need is a flat on the round spit rod. You tighten the set screw against the flat and you're good to go.

I regularly cut Titanium and Inconel with these:

endmills.gif

Thanks for all the positive comments!
The rod is notched where the allen set screw is located.
I found the baskets on sale for $3. Couldn't pass it up.:-D
I tried to use the tops of the baskets but the interfere with the Y bracket. Might have to extend the pins on the brackets.

Here's the test run for "Killer Spin Cycle"
Island Jerk Wings. I only had 21 wings :redface: :doh:.
411_PIC_1558_1.jpg

411_PIC_1559_1.jpg

411_PIC_1564_1.jpg

30 min later :thumb::thumb:
411_PIC_1566_1.jpg

411_PIC_1568_1.jpg

411_PIC_1569_1.jpg

YouTube - killer spin cycle 1

Thanks!!

Where did you find those baskets and what are they typically for?!

What a great addition to your UDS.

Question, not a criticism -- ('cause I think this is a great idea!)

Why did you go with three baskets instead of four? It would seem that it would be easier on the motor because you could always divide the load on opposite sides. It could run 2 empties and 2 opposite loads if doing a smaller cook. With the three baskets it seems that you will always need to balance the load between all three so the motor doesn't have to work so hard. (Not that filling up the pit with full baskets is a bad thing.:thumb:)

Great work, looking forward to where to find those baskets!

Blessings,

Why did you go with three baskets instead of four? It would seem that it would be easier on the motor because you could always divide the load on opposite sides. It could run 2 empties and 2 opposite loads if doing a smaller cook. With the three baskets it seems that you will always need to balance the load between all three so the motor doesn't have to work so hard. (Not that filling up the pit with full baskets is a bad thing.:thumb:)

Blessings,

Here's a link provided by swamprb. They're plain rotisserie baskets.

I tried using 4 baskets, but each basket hit the one in front of it while rotating. Not enough clearance. Side by side there was enough room. Due to the UDS size I couldn't increase the distance between the baskets by lengthening the brackets. If you look at the first video you'll see how much the baskets clear the sides of the ring. I could have reduced the basket width but that was too much work.
Thanks for the comments.

Blessings,

A three basket design allows them to be wider. (in the Y axis)

Back