THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

misterrachel

Knows what a fatty is.
This 14lb monster took a full 24 hours...mostly my fault, because the fire died this morning and it was a couple hours before I realized it. Rubbed with Zarda and smoked with hickory. Overnight I was at a steady 225, but ramped it up to near 300 this afternoon for a few hours.

The bark, predictably came out a little tough, but man it was some good eats. I have never gotten a smoke ring this intense!

Attachments

It looks a scosche overdone for my tastes, but still appears to be flavorful.. What method did you use to determine doneness?

It looks a scosche overdone for my tastes, but still appears to be flavorful.. What method did you use to determine doneness?

It was overdone a bit. I think, because I had to ramp up the heat so high after my fire died. As it was, I had to make my guests wait a couple hours.

I checked it for doneness at 190 degrees by probing. The probe slid in fairly easily, not quite butter easy, but close enough. However, due to the time constraint I also didn't have time to let it rest very long.

Looks good to me. I like a crispy crust on my brisket as long as it is still tender on the inside and it looks like you pulled it off. Other than keeping people waiting I bet you got no complaints.

Back