Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
IMG_0326.jpg

what is in there

IMG_0325-Copy.jpg

I think it is USDA choice ribeyes

IMG_0328.jpg

yes they are medium rare. My brother who is a retired partner with Price Waterhouse asked me if I was going to time the cook and I said no!!! I was going to take them off when they were ready!!!! He was skeptical since he is a perfectionist I was thinking HMMM. I must say he said "you suprised me they were perfect. Ha us country boys can cook also

IMG_0360.jpg

The next night we had hushpuppies, fried bass from our lake at the farm cole slaw and new potatoes. The hushpuppies consistted of jalepano peppers, onion,egg,diced tomatoes,cornmeal, pepper, a tad of garlic, and buttermilk. everyone loved it

IMG_0362.jpg

there's those fish

IMG_0364.jpg

that is the whole shooting match

IMG_0245.jpg

We smoke bacon too just started this year and can not make enough of it, smoked with pecan and cured with morton tenderquick

IMG_0110.jpg

Ribs on this end chuckies on the other end. Never had cooked chuckies before people around here just do not do it. I learned to cook them on this site. THANKS!!!!!!! Ribs were rubbed down with three beers rub I found at a flea market and it was great.

DSC01455.jpg

That is TQ and Tyler the gate is for us!!!!!!!

I see some sweet tea too. Some good ole southern cooking... sure looks good. The pit and gate look mighty fine too.

Mark M
so you know all about that stuff all the way out in cali, that is good to know

Oh yeah. I'm turning my little SoCal wife into a southerner. She makes grits and other southern delicacies as good as my Mom back in Georgia. Unfortunately, she doesn't like sweet tea so I have to get my fill at McDonalds - a little sweeter than I prefer but it's better than nothing at all. Keep up the great pit build work and I really like the pride you have in your son Tyler. Awesome.

Mark M
I married a girl from cleveland Ohio,but she has turned into a full fledege country girl. She will turn a deer a flip @ 200yrds w/ her 7MM-08. Catch fish like it is going out of style, cook cornbread,plant green fields,ride a zero turn lawn mower Eat collard greens and most of all put up with me and love my son like he is her own. What else on earth could a man ask for. I have been Truuuuly blessed

Wow...not sure what I'd hit first, everything looks wonderful! The fried bass is calling me right now. lol
Great that you have your own pond too.. :thumb:

Yea cowgirl it is really nice to know hey what I am eating I played a part in raising, you can kinda manage things and keep it in balance. The land where our lake is has been in my family for well over a hundred years,a lot of places aroung there was burned in the civil war but our place survived and we love it. It has a lot of history

Yea cowgirl it is really nice to know hey what I am eating I played a part in raising, you can kinda manage things and keep it in balance. The land where our lake is has been in my family for well over a hundred years,a lot of places aroung there was burned in the civil war but our place survived and we love it. It has a lot of history

Sounds like you have a little slice of heaven Tuscaloosa...sounds really nice. :thumb:

Back