THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Negolien

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
christian
Hey All,

Started the Turkey thaw tonight. I have a 3.5 pound pre cooked boneless sous vide from Omaha Steaks. I have had a few of their items and really like the company unlike SRF my packages from Omaha ALWAYS come with lots of dry ice still in the box. I have had their slow cooker meals which were easy but meh and some of their meats like smoked brisket which was AWESOME.

Just gonna plop the boobie in a pan and wrap in foil then throw on my MB 560 for 45 mins. Can't wait to try it. Any thoughts on browning I don't usually do sous vide.

Last edited:
hey should I cook it to a temp ? It's pre cooked and just says cook at 350 for 45 mins in pan wrapped with foil.

If it’s precooked I assume you just want to get color on it. Do you have a sous vide cooker? If so, use that to bring it up to temp, then I would probably throw it on the grill to crisp the skin.
If you don’t have a sous vide, and want to use your smoker, use that to bring the bird up to temp. With it already being cooked, I don’t think you’ll get much smoke flavor beyond the very outside surface.

ty

color and temp I don't have a sou vide I purchased it pre cooked. I would normally cook it to 165 wasn't sure you needed to get a cooked meat back to that IT to reheat

Yup done now and resting. Not a fan of the exterior texture but the meat tastes good.
Will put pics up after slice.

done

little over cooked because I didn't like the texture under foil. Tastes good would probably have preferred a regular cooked one reheated over a sou vide but not gonna complain. Omaha does it right yet again. I also got some raw boneless skinless breasts from them with this order and they were pretty good but on the small side. really a fan of their service if only they had SRF quality of meats.

Last edited:
Back