THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Recently, I acquired a lot of new rubs and finally getting a chance to try some of them out. One was sent to me by none other than brother SmokeDawg (Thanks Paul). I had some meat that I was supposed to take to a friend's house but we decided it was going to be too much. So I gave some rubs a try with the "leftover" meat.

First SD's spicy porcini rub and MSD's porcini rub. They smelled wonderful as soon as I opened the box

pnlcbbbh.jpg

I dusted this beautiful Tri Tip with a light layer of S&P then SD's porcini rub (thing's got a nice kick to it) :thumb:

J0Bgn8Nh.jpg

dki6Ma9h.jpg

0RRUldbh.jpg

Next a flat iron steak dusted with Loot N Booty's beef rub (Thanks Tanya and Marty)

NHLMAh1h.jpg

Lastly a pork loin chop mixed with Bad Byron's and Tatonka

m4gZfFVh.jpg

Grilled the flat iron direct first

I7hLN5Vh.jpg

It's a great rub and reminds me of Montreal but a few notches higher so thumbs on this one

WBoLAeMh.jpg

Than came the pork chop and TT

Xl9Hskhh.jpg

Had Tatonka but not Bad Byrons and both worked incredibly well together. They're both savory which I like and thumbs up again. That Tatonka takes everything up a notch higher.

vMTzQtTh.jpg

Time for the TT. I gotta say it's a unique rub, packed with a ton of flavors (especially the porcini) and I'm a sucker for unique rubs. Paul, in all honesty you guys' rub gets the two thumbs up. I had three other people with me for the taste test and they all loved it. Even took leftovers and savored the next day. I used it on pork also and the stuff is amazing. I just have a little of MSD's left now. :biggrin1: Thanks again brother!!

jJObkrvh.jpg

LyfAVOlh.jpg

Hmm, Tatonka dust mixed with bad byrons. I might have to try that.
Looks good

Thanks Sako,

We love that stuff - I like to say it makes Beef - Beefier!

Hmm, Tatonka dust mixed with bad byrons. I might have to try that.
Looks good

A moderately light coat of both creates and amazing flavor profile IMHO.

Nice thread, great pictures but....what does a California boy know about cooking a tri tip? :razz:

Thanks John!

Cali and Tri Tip... Go figure :noidea: :becky:

Thanks Sako,

We love that stuff - I like to say it makes Beef - Beefier!

Man, it sure does. I reminds me of a good steakhouse flavor when they step out of the S&P platform. Great stuff! Can't say thanks enough. Are thinking about commercializing it by chance?

Everything looks incredible Sako!

Thanks Charles!

I just committed a sin..a big sin to those who do not believe in marinades for tri tips...I marinated a tri tip the other night. I used a marinade called Wet Rubz Santa Maria Marinade. It is an organic (who cares?) marinade from the Peoples Republic of California (just kidding) ...son lives there and we love love it). Really good stuff. Added a little Santa Maria style rub from The Rub Co. ( also from the Peoples Republic). Seared it to get a nice char and then indirect cook until 120*. Always amazing! You can get Wet Rubs at Safeway, at least in the Bay Area.

I just committed a sin..a big sin to those who do not believe in marinades for tri tips...I marinated a tri tip the other night. I used a marinade called Wet Rubz Santa Maria Marinade. It is an organic (who cares?) marinade from the Peoples Republic of California (just kidding) ...son lives there and we love love it). Really good stuff. Added a little Santa Maria style rub from The Rub Co. ( also from the Peoples Republic). Seared it to get a nice char and then indirect cook until 120*. Always amazing! You can get Wet Rubs at Safeway, at least in the Bay Area.

Hey no right of wrong way when it comes to food. We don't judge here in the People's Republic :heh: I've got a Safeway (Vons) a few miles down and I'm willing to give it a shot.

Last edited:
Back