THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Always. It's so much more manageable in a clean, controlled environment than in dirty, windy, awkward-table-height field conditions!

We package in Foodsaver vacuum bags, but that's likely overkill. Double freezer ziplocs would probably get you by too.

It frees up a lot of time and anxiety at the contest site. Mind you, we didn't always do trimming beforehand -- there were PLENTY of contests over a couple of years where we just had to do it at the contest, due to time constraints during the week before -- but it sure makes life easier when you can get it done.

I food saver whatever will fit, usually just chicken and ribs, and plastic wrap the butts and brisket.

Wrap the chit out of it and put it in a bag to contain leaks if one happens to occur.

Did I mention I HATE the chicken! I should be trimming them right now...but instead I'm surfing the forums.

I'll pay $100 to anyone willing to come over and scrape my chick skin! :grin:

I trim all meats before hand and keep brisket in a XL Ziplock Storage bag, butts in 2 Gal hefty freezer bags, ribs in the Hefty 2gal bags I can fit 3 trimmed racks flat in those bags, and chicken I trim and put back in the styrofoam trays they come in and cover the tops and then into the 2 gal Hefty bags.

I vac seal chicken, ribs and brisket. Pork goes in a XL ziploc bag... sometimes double bagged to be sure...

probably overkill... ziploc bags would be fine.

I trim everything at home as well. Gallon and 2 gallon zip lock bags always work for me. The only thing I may leave for at the competition are the butts. They take the least time and I've trimmed and injected a few times there. But now that it is getting hot as heck I won't even leave those untrimmed prior.

I trimmed and Vac Sealed Butts, Briskets and Ribs last night while watching the Basketball Game. Thanks to Scottie Its a Tuesday or Wednesday Night Ritual on Comp week. Which this month is four in a row!

Wife does Chicken and Parsley....I love her more now!:icon_smile_tongue:

You people that are vac-sealing the briskets with a foodsaver ..how do you get something that big in a foodsaver bag? I would love to vac the briskets and butts but can't find any way to do it with a foodsaver. We used to sell the Weston units that were much larger but they sucked ..well they didn't suck ...

You people that are vac-sealing the briskets with a foodsaver ..how do you get something that big in a foodsaver bag? I would love to vac the briskets and butts but can't find any way to do it with a foodsaver. We used to sell the Weston units that were much larger but they sucked ..well they didn't suck ...
I buy the rolls and make a BIG bag. Separate the point from the flat and jam them into 2 bags.

When I put them on the smoker I super glue the point back on.

I have a cabelas CG15 and use the 11 inch bags... after trimming and separating flat and point they fit in those bags... Butts don't fit though... I use ziplocs for those

Back