THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moej

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
I have an old Craftsmen yard trailer thats just been laying in the yard for years. It dawned upon me that I could turn that into a good size grill/pit.

However I have on hang up. I'm not sure what I could use as a lid. I was thinking of using 3/4 ply wood and lining the inside with sheet metal, would this work? Or would the metal get to hot and start burning the wood?

Any other idea for a lid? The demisions of the trailer are 34in wide by 48in long, 15in deep.

I was thinking trying to make a dome lid for it.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Moe

I have an old Craftsmen yard trailer thats just been laying in the yard for years. It dawned upon me that I could turn that into a good size grill/pit.

However I have on hang up. I'm not sure what I could use as a lid. I was thinking of using 3/4 ply wood and lining the inside with sheet metal, would this work? Or would the metal get to hot and start burning the wood?

Any other idea for a lid? The demisions of the trailer are 34in wide by 48in long, 15in deep.

I was thinking trying to make a dome lid for it.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Moe

Use a nice hard wood, plywood has glue and the smoke will make food taste terible...and also keep a spare around..

I think that 15" is too close for direct heat BBQ, and my yard trailers are pretty thin metal, and wouldn't hold the heat very well. I think an ugly drum or cinder block pit would be my choice.

I already have a UDS and am in the process of building a second. I am wanting something bigger for larger cooks. Even more of a grill type deal where i can do the burgers, chinkens, sausages type thing.

As far as a cinder block pit.. I want it to be mobile, and hopfully attach it to a trailer in the future.

Back