THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And the most I've ever done to a pork butt was to make pulled pork. You're shaming me to up my game.

Yet another killer cook!

Looks great! :thumb: those Prairie Fresh butts are my favorite to cook, I have trouble finding them for < $3/lb here though....but when I do, it's on!

I'll have to try making that spam! Thanks!
I don't care much for spam, but sliced, smoked regular spam. I make alot of. :hungry:

Absolutely! Nothing like the canned stuff that's way too salty for my taste.

It all looks fantastic Sako!

Now lets talk about homemade spam... Info please!

Thanks Jeremy! I've got the info on spam a post or two above. :mrgreen: Good stuff for sure.

all good but that al pastor looks truly mouthwatering

Thanks Kanco!

Absolutely killing it! Those burritos... just so much going on in the pics. I can almost taste them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Paul!

Way to go, Sako. Stay safe.

Thanks Dom! Def trying.

Question about the homemade Spam. I watched the video, after grinding both the ham and pork butt he adds the slurry which includes the nitrite cure. But, ham is already cured, so how does that work?

The ham is only a pound with majority of the pork being uncured. Works fine!

Looks great! :thumb: those Prairie Fresh butts are my favorite to cook, I have trouble finding them for < $3/lb here though....but when I do, it's on!

Thanks! No arguing that anything prairie fresh is excellent. On sale at Sprouts now for $.99/lb:laugh:

And the most I've ever done to a pork butt was to make pulled pork. You're shaming me to up my game.

Yet another killer cook!

Thanks Charles! Can't help myself since it's such a versatile cut.

I think you are most definitely the unquestioned resident burrito king here! Those look absolutely killer!!!

:laugh: Thanks Erik!

It all looks fantastic Neighbor!!
I need to use my instant pot more often... thanks for the inspiration!
Keep safe!

Thanks! No arguing that anything prairie fresh is excellent. On sale at Sprouts now for $.99/lb:laugh:

Thanks for the heads up, I checked our ad and it is here too. Hadn't planned on getting back out for a while....decisions decisions....:laugh:

It all looks fantastic Neighbor!!
I need to use my instant pot more often... thanks for the inspiration!
Keep safe!

Thanks Neighbor! Hadn't used mine in a long while also :laugh: It was raining hard so it made for an amazing afterwork meal. It's back into rotation.

Thanks for posting, looks great as usual. I will have to try the homemade spam, I bet it would be great smoked.

Oh yeah!

I think I need to ransack Sako's kitchen! :hungry:

Hope you're good over there - all is smooth in Culver City!

Thanks for the heads up, I checked our ad and it is here too. Hadn't planned on getting back out for a while....decisions decisions....:laugh:

:thumb: I'm going to go and see if I can score another one today.

I need to figure out how to separate the money muscle. Any tips would be appreciated! Great looking grub!

Thanks!

Instead of me babbling here's a video to give you an idea. Pretty simple by pulling and running your knife if I make sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdma_R4iLk8

Well, what do you know, chef Tom from atbbq just uploaded a video yesterday on pork butt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBFWRaFpTiU

w4A6rd7h.jpg

JeHxtZth.jpg

ozp8GBnh.jpg

Last edited:
Should not look at this before breakfast Now I am hungry

Thanks and sorry George! :laugh:

I think I need to ransack Sako's kitchen! :hungry:

Hope you're good over there - all is smooth in Culver City!

Lol, Thanks Greg! Good to hear brother. Can't complain as I'm still out working and trying to stay safe.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back