THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks guys..

Butts are done. just under 6 hrs, no foil, no injections, no mops, no spray guns etc. I ripped off a small piece and it was fantastic (though not necessarily as good as Shakira's :wink:).

Brisket is getting real close.

Last edited:
I didn't know Vinny cooked any more! :p It all looks great!

Did you let the layers of flavor rest at all before the next (ie letting the lowrys meet the meat for a couple hours before hitting it with the s&p)? Just picked up a couple briskets today to cook tomorrow night.

6 hours?!? im done with low and slow... no more sleepless nights... 300 degrees next time for me.. everytime i have done butts it has taken 14-16 hours:(

Thanks... sorry for the delay on the brisket pic...I wanted to eat and clean up.

SIDE - just a little rest between the layers but I doubt it was enough time to make any difference.

The cubed point was the shining star.. The flavor was just bursting in my mouth.

Thanks for looking !

Last edited:
nice..I'm also envious of the weather. The heat index here has been about 100-105 the last two weeks. :shock:

Thanks... sorry for the delay on the brisket pic...I wanted to eat and clean up.

SIDE - just a little rest between the layers but I doubt it was enough time to make any difference.

The cubed point was the shining star.. The flavor was just bursting in my mouth.

Thanks for looking !
Oh yeah baby, mmmm mmmmm. Wheeeew. That was awesome. You got me at "bursting" Although you could of left out the mouth part as it was a total downer. Anybody got a cigarette?

Oh yeah baby, mmmm mmmmm. Wheeeew. That was awesome. You got me at "bursting" Although you could of left out the mouth part as it was a total downer. Anybody got a cigarette?

fair point.. you got me there.. That was pretty lame.

Why are you posting ? Don't you have a WSM (or three) to cook on or something ? Oh wait, you don't... :heh:

Back