THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JimmyR1Rider

is one Smokin' Farker
Photobucket and my phone didn't get along between then and now so I waited to post the thread.

Did a 12 1/2 lb brisket(before trimming), 2 butts (not sure of the weights) and of course 2 racks of spares. For rubs I used simply salt/pepper on the brisket and killer hogs on all the pork.

Started firing up the Shirley at 2 am, brisket went on at 3.

I let the butts go WAY longer than I normally do before panning them. I always wanted to try letting butts develop a black bark so I did this time.

The brisket I never wrapped until it came off. It got done much faster than I'd anticipated. Finished at 6 1/2 hours and she temped between 195 and 210 but the thermapen went in wherever I probed with no resistance so I pulled it and let it for an hour and a half in foil.

The spares I did the normal 2,2 &1 although the wrapped 2 was more like 2 1/2. still came out good though. Was fighting temps the whole cook due to green wood. THANKFULLY I have 2/3 of a cord of good wood coming next sunday so by the time I'm through that the wood I have here will be nicely seasoned.

Still happy with the results on the most part few things I wish I would have done differently but hey, that's part of bbq you learn as you go as long as I learn and get better through time it's worth the time and effort and s always, even with the temp fight it was still a fun cook.

Anyway, thanks for lookin:

Last edited:
Back