THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I was talking to a buddy the other day about tomahawk ribeyes, and before I knew it, I was at Sam's Club buying one. These are hands down my favorite steak to cook, though I don't do them too often. Well marbled, lots of flavor, and a breeze to cook with the Primo XL setup in 2 zone mode. I rubbed it with olive oil, whole sea salt, and coarsely ground black pepper. It looks like a lot of salt, but at least half of it falls off while moving around on the grates and flipping during the cook. It does still give it a nice salty crust though.

I used a little bit hickory and cherry wood chips while reverse searing the ribeye at 275* to get a bit of smoke flavor and pulled it when it hit about 128* internal so that I could stop the cooking, yet still leave it on high heat long enough to get a good sear without over shooting the temp. I brought the grill up to about 450* and seared each side for 3 or 4 minutes.

I picked up some broccolini and mixed in some asparagus, hit with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and a bit of lemon juice. I hadn't tried grilling broccolini before and it turned out pretty good. The lady made some smashed potatoes and some bread. Overall the meal was a big hit with the family :thumb:

Last edited:
Looks good from down here.That is a great steak for a WOW factor.Always pleases the crowd.

That looks amazing! I have become addicted to reverse seared steak. My wife and I just split one bad boy that's 24-48 oz. Slow smoked then finished on the Weber over hardwood charcoal is the best.

Your steak looks perfect!

Back