Tomahawk ribeye...the Primo is pulling double duty this weekend

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I was talking to a buddy the other day about tomahawk ribeyes, and before I knew it, I was at Sam's Club buying one. These are hands down my favorite steak to cook, though I don't do them too often. Well marbled, lots of flavor, and a breeze to cook with the Primo XL setup in 2 zone mode. I rubbed it with olive oil, whole sea salt, and coarsely ground black pepper. It looks like a lot of salt, but at least half of it falls off while moving around on the grates and flipping during the cook. It does still give it a nice salty crust though.

I used a little bit hickory and cherry wood chips while reverse searing the ribeye at 275* to get a bit of smoke flavor and pulled it when it hit about 128* internal so that I could stop the cooking, yet still leave it on high heat long enough to get a good sear without over shooting the temp. I brought the grill up to about 450* and seared each side for 3 or 4 minutes.

I picked up some broccolini and mixed in some asparagus, hit with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and a bit of lemon juice. I hadn't tried grilling broccolini before and it turned out pretty good. The lady made some smashed potatoes and some bread. Overall the meal was a big hit with the family :thumb:

Last edited:
Looks good from down here.That is a great steak for a WOW factor.Always pleases the crowd.

Perfect cook on the steak and the plate looks delicious.

Looks stunning, nice plate, bags the bone:thumb:

That looks amazing! I have become addicted to reverse seared steak. My wife and I just split one bad boy that's 24-48 oz. Slow smoked then finished on the Weber over hardwood charcoal is the best.

Your steak looks perfect!

Back