THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mattmountz94

Babbling Farker
Cooking 2 things I have been wanting to make. First is pastrami. I got a corned brisket let it soak for 1 day then put a rub on it for 1 day. The next is beef short ribs. These are just small I can't find the monsters that everyone else gets. Both are being cooked on my kettle running anywhere from 225-315(she's moody when it's cold).

Does this look like some point to anyone??

The bottom right is my SPOG

This was 2 hrs in.

And some pizza I made last night on the pizza que attachment. Turned out ok for some reason the bagged cheese wouldn't melt??

Wow... Where have beef ribs been all my life! I only tried one so far but I will report back with flavor I like best. This pastrami turned out killer but the rub was way to black peppery for me and I love pepper. Meat though is super juicy I would only maybe soak the meat for 4 hrs next time as it wasn't salty at all.

That all looks great! If you found those shorties at your store just ask the butcher for the full plate ribs uncut. I find tho shorties work well though if I'm just cooking for me. More bark and cooks faster.

When I saw your comment about not being able to get the monster ribs, I thought to myself "he's got to be from around this area somewhere." Sure enough, welcome to PA. I've never done the beef ribs because it's so hard to find some with actual meat on the bones. Did you get yours from a butcher? I'm still looking.

When I saw your comment about not being able to get the monster ribs, I thought to myself "he's got to be from around this area somewhere." Sure enough, welcome to PA. I've never done the beef ribs because it's so hard to find some with actual meat on the bones. Did you get yours from a butcher? I'm still looking.

Yep good old PA. And no 1 pack I got at my local weavers in Denver and the other I got a Giant. The Weaver ones were he bigger ones. They both had a fair amount of meat on them. I was happy with them

Back