THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R

ringo

I know this is a Q-ing site, however, I need some different ideas for the turkey we are going to fry on Easter.

Ringo

Make real sure the bird is thawed! :twisted: Then do like Bill said :D Takes about 3.5 minutes per pound. If you have a "normal" pot of about 24-30 quarts limit the birds size to under 12 pounds (don't ask me how I know this - just don't look at the grease stain on the pool deck :oops: )

Inject with cajun butter and rub under the skin with your favorite fowl rub (hint: Tony C. or Emeril's Essence work real well). Instructions for injecting are included with most cookers and with most jars of injection marinade -- the syringe is included, too.

ringo said:
I know this is a Q-ing site, however, I need some different ideas for the turkey we are going to fry on Easter.

Ringo

Only tip I can give is from what I have seen on TV....."Don't burn your house by frying a Turkey"......... :cry:

Back