THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buckscent

Knows what a fatty is.
If it takes 12 hrs for a brisket and butts, when they are done you take them off the smoker. Then for Ribs it takes 3-4 hrs and chicken 2 hrs how do you time it all for the box's so it wont be cold. When you take the butts and/or briskets off you have at least a 4 hour wait time till the ribs are done... If you keep them wrapped in a cooler until turn in will they not still be cooking? untill you unwrap them? I just need some timming help

Thanks

i cook butts and brisket overnight in one WSM. they can stay in there all morning until they are done. then they rest in a cooler for as long as need be.

ribs and chicken on the other WSM.

when i cooked on only 1 WSM, i started the brisket and butts a little earlier to get them off in the morning for chicken and ribs to go on.

Assuming you are wrapping while cooking, open for 5 to 10 minutes to let the steam out before putting in cambro.

Butts and Brisket will hold in cambro/cooler for a while. Like Ford said, make sure you open up the wrap and let them vent for a while before putting them in storage.

For us, all meats start and finish at different times. We'll hold our big meats (pork/brisket) in a cambro until turn-in, but prefer to turn in chicken and ribs as soon as they are off the cooker.

The reality is...it's a timing thing that takes a lot of practice to balance out. We follow a fairly strict, printed-out timeline based on our practice cooks and past comps. Sometimes, it still doesnt work.

I also agree with the others on venting by opening the foil up. It helps....

Best of luck.

Back