Thoughts on MEAT! 10" slicer

snadamo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Adam
I am close to pulling the trigger on my xmas gift to myself. Its 25% off and it would be pretty cool to have beforehand so I can can make jerky/meat stuff for Christmas.

https://www.meatyourmaker.com/prepare/meat-slicers/10-meat-slicer/1117079.html#

My impression of the company is they make pretty good products at reasonable prices with excellent customer service.

Other than their review section, I have had trouble finding more reviews and info on it. Was looking here to see if the brethren has some input!

Thanks in advance!

It looks pretty good. Has a screw on sharpening stone.

I've got a 12" slicer. Very old second hand and I would not be without one for all the biltong and other smallgoods I make.

Most likely the same as a lot of Chinese slicers in the 10" category. At least the ones on Amazon list wattage. If you look on Amazon you will see a bunch that look almost the same with small differences for 250-350. I bought one 3 years ago (can't remember the brand, may have been Zeny) and have no complaints whatsoever.

At least on amazon you can compare some specs and prices. Mine is a heavy piece of equipment.

Looks a whole lot like a Vevor on Amazon which is $289 (+$25 off coupon, just click).
I have a Beswood and highly recommend it - but it will cost you a bit more that the Vevor with the coupon.

Looks a whole lot like a Vevor on Amazon which is $289 (+$25 off coupon, just click).
I have a Beswood and highly recommend it - but it will cost you a bit more that the Vevor with the coupon.

That one is on my radar as well. I do have $112 gift card to amazon as well so that will help alleviate cost. A few reviews (of many positive ones) mentioned flaking or finish coming off. I take it that you have not experienced that.

That one is on my radar as well. I do have $112 gift card to amazon as well so that will help alleviate cost. A few reviews (of many positive ones) mentioned flaking or finish coming off. I take it that you have not experienced that.

If you're talking Beswood, then no, it's still perfect.
I got it in 2020 and I use it at least monthly.

Most likely the same as a lot of Chinese slicers in the 10" category. At least the ones on Amazon list wattage. If you look on Amazon you will see a bunch that look almost the same with small differences for 250-350. I bought one 3 years ago (can't remember the brand, may have been Zeny) and have no complaints whatsoever.

At least on amazon you can compare some specs and prices. Mine is a heavy piece of equipment.

I have their chamber vacuum sealer, a dehydrator, and a 16” external vacuum sealer. The dehydrator definitely looks very similar to others on Amazon, hard to imagine they aren’t made in the same factory. The external sealer looks similar to some of the more well known brands that have been around for awhile. I’ve not seen one that appears similar in construction to the chamber vac. Oh…and their jerky gun….exactly like the LEM one I had. I think it’s safe to say the same factory(s) make many of their products.

That being said….I could find no chamber vac made in the USA, I tried. Not even Vacmaster. The company is based in Columbia MO and I’ve contacted support several times for questions and received prompt responses from employees that seem to be based in the USA. Their products have worked well for me and appear to be of quality construction.

I have their chamber vacuum sealer, a dehydrator, and a 16” external vacuum sealer. The dehydrator definitely looks very similar to others on Amazon, hard to imagine they aren’t made in the same factory. The external sealer looks similar to some of the more well known brands that have been around for awhile. I’ve not seen one that appears similar in construction to the chamber vac. Oh…and their jerky gun….exactly like the LEM one I had. I think it’s safe to say the same factory(s) make many of their products.

That being said….I could find no chamber vac made in the USA, I tried. Not even Vacmaster. The company is based in Columbia MO and I’ve contacted support several times for questions and received prompt responses from employees that seem to be based in the USA. Their products have worked well for me and appear to be of quality construction.

Vacmaster is a great company. Products mostly come from China, my VP320 chamber sealer is well made, far better than some other Chinese slicers I've looked at. And when you call for technical help you actually get a real person answering the phone, as well as a technician within minutes. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Vacmaster product.

Vacmaster is a great company. Products mostly come from China, my VP320 chamber sealer is well made, far better than some other Chinese slicers I've looked at. And when you call for technical help you actually get a real person answering the phone, as well as a technician within minutes. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Vacmaster product.

Yeah I’m not saying they make a bad product because it’s made in China, just commenting the fact hat slicer (or some other piece of equipment) is manufactured there doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a lesser product.

After more research on Beswood brand I decided to go that route and apply my Amazon points too. To my door for about $250. I’m excited and looking forward to making some sliced stuff :). Should be here monday

The ultimate 10" slicer if you can find one is the old Hobart model 410. My buddy has one. One of its best features is that it's light enough to easily move around and carry. It does have a sharpener that is stored in an internal compartment. Be sure to check that the sharpener is included if you order one online. Very cool curvy design, a beautiful machine. Still, if you want to cut a whole pork belly into bacon, you need a 12" slicer. It's easy enough to cut off some of the pork belly and make 10" bacon strips and cut up the rest into bits for your beans.

Anyway, if you get the Chinese slicer please do post a review even if it's a POS. We won't hold it against you!

seattlepitboss

if you get the Chinese slicer please do post a review even if it's a POS. We won't hold it against you!

seattlepitboss

Much appreciated :biggrin1:

I try to buy American as much as the next guy; and I die a little bit inside when I cant always make that happen. I sliced a pound of my pressed ham with it recently. Initial thoughts are it works WAY better than my other slicer. I have a jerky project coming up soon so I will try and document in detail.

FWIW the blade itself is Italian, so it's not all Chinese :grin:

I cannot speak on the slicer but the grinder and vacuum sealers are amazing, my BIL has both and they are VERY sturdy and well built machines. They process their own cattle and hogs and those machines get a workout and have not faltered yet.

Back