THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oldyote

is Blowin Smoke!
First I just need to say that I really don't understand the whole surf and turf thing. If I'm going to eat a burger I eat a burger. Maybe I eat two burgers but I dont eat a burger and fish sandwich. I mean who does that? :crazy:

So if you want a steak eat a steak and if you want some kind fish then eat some kind of fish but really just make up your farking mind.:mmph:

Surf and turf is for farkers who can't make up their farking mind. But its a throwdown and I loves the throwdowns...

As you will see this is just the start of my :blah:

Ok so I go to my favorite butcher dude and he talks me into this tri tip thing. I don't know what it is but he says its really good. Actually he said he heard it was really good but never actually tried it himself :wacko:.

So I tell him some farker can't make up his mind about cow or fish so he throws me some Gulf shirmp and says here are some more things I've heard are good but never tried.

Now I'm all lready to go home and cook but as I'm checking out Check Out Girl says "Hey tri tip, you must have a Santa Maria Stlye Grill! I say I don't believe in Santa but she ingnores that and says no its a kind of grill you need for tri tip.

Great I just spent like $60 on cow and fish and now she tells me I have to buy a whole new cooker :crazy:.

Well it is throwdown and this is for the Brethren so I decide fine I'll just do it. I tell all this to my wife and she says :flypig:

But I just gave her the big puppy eyes and she caved. Its good to have big puppy eyes.

So now I find one of these monsters and the farking thing weighs like 1200 pounds and I have to get it down to the cabin becuase there is no way I can fit it on my deck.

Well my new flying pig grill is now in place and I'm ready to cook.

Now that I have the Santa Maria Cooker I thought I better mix up some Santa Maria Rub.

Now to light the pig.

And have a beer while I wait.

Hey this thing is pretty farking cool. Thank you butcher dude and Check Out Girl.

Well the coals are hot and the tri tip is ready. I've had beer and I'm happy. But wait I forgot about the shrimp. Have I told you how much I hate farking with shrimp. The tails, the shells, the veins, the creepy little feet and not to mention that poop line or whatever that evil thing is? Why did I buy these nasty little creatures? Oh, thats right, some farker couldn't make up his mind about cow or fish.:moon:

Well I didn't take any pictures of that whole shirmp mess as my hands
were wet and smelled like Bubba's boat. The best thing I did and didn't take a picture of was use some Plowboys Fin and Feathers - Good stuff :clap:

Now that the little creatures have been dealt with its time to cook.

Steaks off, creatures are on

I'll have to thank the butcher dude this turned out pretty good

Thanks for looking

The End

Ok and now I see it was a T-Bone and Surf Throwdown.

What the fark?

Serves me right for now paying attention. I could have just made the tri-tip and not farked around with those farking shrimp. :cry::mad::mad2:

Ok and now I see it was a T-Bone and Surf Throwdown.

What the fark?

Serves me right for now paying attention. I could have just made the tri-tip and not farked around with those farking shrimp. :cry::mad::mad2:

Just say it was a T-Bone that you deboned, but don't have any before pictures because Poobah said that "No picturse didn't happen is BS"...:becky: Now enter your Turf and Shrimp, quit your whining and get your Dilly Bar......:tsk:

A tombstone model? That's a beauty. Congrats!
If the wife ever thinks she's been duped, send it down OK way!

Yes it a Tombstone with a hood. I was actually just wanting a Santa Maria Style Cooker and was hoping to talk my wife into the the Scottsdale.

She saw the Tombstone and said "Hey What's that? - You should get that.

Carpe Diem

I sure do love my wife.

Yes it a Tombstone with a hood. I was actually just wanting a Santa Maria Style Cooker and was hoping to talk my wife into the the Scottsdale.

She saw the Tombstone and said "Hey What's that? - You should get that.

Carpe Diem

I sure do love my wife.
She sounds like the proverbial keeper!

Back