THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TLRam1

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Terry
I am looking for a thermometer, I don’t know if any are made with the features I want.

1. I want WiFi

2. I want a alarm that will go off at set temp, I don’t know if WiFi will "wake your phone" and a alarm will go off.

3. If #2 does not work I will need to have a separate unit I can use while sleeping that will activate a alarm at set temp.

4. I would like probes about 1/3 shorter than the normal long probes.

5. I see some that have WiFi and Bluetooth, what would each be used for?

What options are there?

ThermoWorks Signals should do what you want. Not sure what you mean by #3, but I know mine activates both my phone and IPad every time an alarm goes off. Annoying so I disable the alarms. You would have buy new probes, they come as short as 2.5”.

Fireboard2 will do all of that. The purpose of it being cloud connected with WiFi is so you can monitor temps and control it with the app when you're away from home or just out of range of your WiFi. With Bluetooth you will only have the connection when near the device...so range of probably 30ft.

Back