THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TexasGuppie

Full Fledged Farker
Howdy strangers!

It's been awhile since I last visited so I thought I would pop in and say, "Howdy."
I've been working in El Paso, TX at one of our offices (cleaning up the mess a terminated Manager left behind.) I won't be back in Ft. Worth until June or so.
I get to go home for one week every 8 weeks to see my wife and the dogs and I have to say (just between us), I miss my pit more than just about anything!
Anyway...to keep this BBQ related and the Moderators off my back, I found a couple of BBQ joints here in El Paso that are pretty good: "Sammie's" and "The State Line." Purty good 'Q in these two joints. I ate lunch at a place called "Bevo's BBQ" also. They claimed to have "The best BBQ in Texas" but I'm sorry, a McRib sammich has more flavor than their 'Q did. Hey, maybe if the owner subscribed to this forum, he could improve his fare.
Anyway, God bless y'all and know that I miss being here.

Ken

State Line is part of the County Line chain and can have pretty good Q. I just have to remember to ask them not to drowned the brisket. It is the best thing within 45 miles of my house (I'm in Las Cruces, NM). I should say, the best restaraunt Q. The best Q, of course, comes from my pit.

TexasGuppie, I haven't had it in a while (7+ years ago) but Buck's BBQ "used to be" good.

As for other good food in El Paso, make sure to get the red chile/cheese smothered rolled tacos from Chico's tacos. Cattle Baron near the airport has a pretty good blackened prime rib.

If you are ever interested in making a trip to Las Cruces, let me know and I can tell you where to get the best Mexican food in the world. :-D

Back