THE Shirley Fabrication Photo Thread

For you guys in the know, is the hip roof the same thing as elevated cabinet? I like the look of the hip roof. Does it serve any other purpose other than additional head room for the top grate?

For you guys in the know, is the hip roof the same thing as elevated cabinet? I like the look of the hip roof. Does it serve any other purpose other than additional head room for the top grate?

It’s not the same and yes it just gives more head room.

Once again, those 5" thermometer dials look really, really good on that pit. Considering it's not the biggest of cookers....the dials look very proportionate to the doors and cooker itself. :thumb:

BBQ Freak that is a great looking rig. I’m one of the several lined up to get my first Shirley. Gonna be worth the wait! I’m opting for a patio model and like others have added to my original wish list already. I know Tyler has said that is what really extends those wait times. Apparently you’ve had a few of these and have been able to fine tune your wishes into quite a beautiful rig. Congrats!

BBQ Freak that is a great looking rig. I’m one of the several lined up to get my first Shirley. Gonna be worth the wait! I’m opting for a patio model and like others have added to my original wish list already. I know Tyler has said that is what really extends those wait times. Apparently you’ve had a few of these and have been able to fine tune your wishes into quite a beautiful rig. Congrats!

I have finally got the best smoker for me and the perfect size and will be keeping this one but ordered another one while picking this one up . :laugh:

Bump so the new Shirley owners can post pics of their new Shirley! :mrgreen:

I have finally got the best smoker for me and the perfect size and will be keeping this one but ordered another one while picking this one up . :laugh:

Can you enlighten me on what makes the trailer model "modified"? This is probably a dumb question, but I've been poking around on the website and can't seem to put my finger on it.

A modified trailer is only 53" wide at the widest point. This is quite a bit narrower than a regular trailer.

Full size -
attachment.php

Modified
8ySPEDY.jpg

I just became an owner of my very own Shirley! I really enjoyed the 1st cook. I fell in love a couple of years ago and now I know why.

Attachments

• 20180524_165903.jpg
    20180524_165903.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 490
  • 20180524_164538.jpg
    20180524_164538.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 492
I just became an owner of my very own Shirley! I really enjoyed the 1st cook. I fell in love a couple of years ago and now I know why.
Look great! We will see you at the Bash!! :mrgreen:

No, I actually was on the list for a year and a few months. I got in before the wait went up to close to two years. :thumb: I watched the videos and was hooked. I got to see them in person at an event they were sponsoring in Nashville and handed over my money with pleasure.

Back