THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just breezed through the whole thread. My deposit is in, and currently looking at a May 2019 delivery. It seems soooooooooooooooooooo far away, but these pictures help!

Those wanting a shirley but holding off for months aren't doing themselves any favors. Get your deposit in for something in the ball park of what you need. You'll have plenty of time to add/subtract/change after.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My Shirley at home on the pool deck! :mrgreen:

2017-09-05_010.jpg

Do custom Bandera grates count??

1b3a1c5e63886fb0a9e5059318073593.jpg

Drove by Tuscaloosa on the way to Florida this past weekend and picked up the custom grates Tyler made for me. Also took the opportunity to seen what else he has cooking up. Nice fellas all around. Tyler warned me about my cooker build being too tall and now I can see why... we're about the same height, lol.

Last edited:
Dang. Even the grates have sweet welds. How could you leave without putting down a deposit???

Way ahead of you... My date is January 2019. Deposit has been in since June. I had Tyler do the grates because I calculated after buying supplies and a welder, it would be about the same price and much better quality.

stupid question. im looking at a standard 24X50 Cabinet. is there a 20 month wait for these as well? I want one bad, but that wait is going to be hell.

stupid question. im looking at a standard 24X50 Cabinet. is there a 20 month wait for these as well? I want one bad, but that wait is going to be hell.

I believe so. They haven't had any stock stuff at the St. Louis BBQ Store in a while.

My Shirley at home on the pool deck! :mrgreen:

Hotch, I see that BGE in the corner of your photo? I've used my large almost exclusively of the past 5-6 years and gave away my offset smoker that my ex-SIL made for me. I've got the bug for a 24x42 Cabinet and have my email into Tyler to discuss and give him a deposit. If I skip a lunch or two a week, I can probably pay for the smoker by the time it is ready!

Hotch, I see that BGE in the corner of your photo? I've used my large almost exclusively of the past 5-6 years and gave away my offset smoker that my ex-SIL made for me. I've got the bug for a 24x42 Cabinet and have my email into Tyler to discuss and give him a deposit. If I skip a lunch or two a week, I can probably pay for the smoker by the time it is ready!
Good to hear!
Just remember this as a minimum:
3 racks in main (straight back or not)
3 racks in warming
trailer model
removable tongue
S/S shelf spare tire
wood basket
probe ports
both dampeners

:mrgreen:

I've been talking to Tyler via email about my build. Hopefully will get my deposit in in a couple of weeks. 23 months later I should have a killer smoker!
Don't wait, send it in now!! Get your place in line ASAP!!!
You have 23 months to decide what you want!! :mrgreen:

Back