THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I did these last week, am traveling now, but didn't want to wait till I got home to post these for fear of being too late.

Rubbed and sweating (Dizzy Dust)

photo-25.jpg

Did a reverse sear.

photo-27.jpg

They came out nice!

photo-28.jpg

I've been doing the portion control thing lately and it's been working for me.

photo-29.jpg

Sorry to be squeaking in at the last minute like this. :oops: If it's too late, I'll understand. :rolleyes:

Well, since I wasn't able to get my Cook like a Gore TD in time due to circumstances completely beyond my control, at least I can enter something from that cook. And how fitting - pork chops no less!

I'm hoping Chris will let this one slide, as I know this TD is closing any minute now!

Started out with a nice fresh rack of pork chops I got at our local butcher. These are amazing chops and we like them so much we won't buy them anywhere else now:

DSC_0906.jpg

I seasoned the chops with Moose Rib Rub #1, along with some parsley sprinkled on top, in honor of Gore. Gore likes parsley on his chops!

DSC_0907.jpg

DSC_0909.jpg

I fired up the WSM, added a couple of pieces of hickory and oak, and put the chops on:

DSC_0911.jpg

At that point, I decided to take a break, I cracked open a cold one:

DSC_0912.jpg

I checked the ribs after about 1.5 hours, and flipped them:

DSC_0916.jpg

The chops took just under 3 hours to cook at 275 degrees. They were perfectly moist and tender - just a slight amount of pull.

DSC_0929.jpg

DSC_0930.jpg

Thanks for checking out my Gore-y pork chops!

I just cut up some pork loin into chops. Is there still time to cook up an entry? I may not be able to do it until the weekend. I'll understand if that's too late.

CD

I just cut up some pork loin into chops. Is there still time to cook up an entry? I may not be able to do it until the weekend. I'll understand if that's too late.

CD
No problem. Just let me know before you post it so I can close the thread then.:becky:

Damn Phu and GTR, you two are like two pork chop swingin' brothers from another mother. GTR those chops look farking fantastic and that Phubarb sauce looks too legit to quit.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back