THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man if they could come up with a planetary gear set to also rotate the individual skewers you'd really have a better mouse trap, sure it'd cost more to manufacture but I'd buy one at a higher price point.

Well, a feature that would cover those that like one sided char and a more even char would be something like this. We have this little electric rotiss that we use once in awhile. It also has a skewer feature. Obviously, a vertical, but maybe the idea could be adapted to a horizontal. You can see that each skewer has 4 prongs, that little tab pulls up and out and once the door is closed gives each skewer a 1/4 turn. I think that especially for meat and more so for chicken, you want a more even cook and not a tougher/charred/cooked end and possibly and under cooked opposite end. Just and idea. But like anything like this, between all of the parts, the rotiss, pan, etc, it makes for more clean up than just tossing wood skewers on the grill or just cleaning a set of metal skewers. Just an idea.
WP_20150318_001_zpsei52986a.jpg

V__668E_zpsvstxrzr7.jpg

Well, a feature that would cover those that like one sided char and a more even char would be something like this. We have this little electric rotiss that we use once in awhile. It also has a skewer feature. Obviously, a vertical, but maybe the idea could be adapted to a horizontal. You can see that each skewer has 4 prongs, that little tab pulls up and out and once the door is closed gives each skewer a 1/4 turn. I think that especially for meat and more so for chicken, you want a more even cook and not a tougher/charred/cooked end and possibly and under cooked opposite end. Just and idea. But like anything like this, between all of the parts, the rotiss, pan, etc, it makes for more clean up than just tossing wood skewers on the grill or just cleaning a set of metal skewers. Just an idea.

That's right, the Ronco Rotisserie does the same thing. For every revolution each skewer rotates 90 degrees. But you need a seperate anchor point that indexes the rods.

That's right, the Ronco Rotisserie does the same thing. For every revolution each skewer rotates 90 degrees. But you need a seperate anchor point that indexes the rods.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Could probably do something off the rotiss motor. That would be the issue, an anchor point.

Was it this one?

Amazon.com : Napoleon 64007 Rotisserie Shish Kebab Wheel (Discontinued by Manufacturer) : Grill Rotisseries : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Is it any good? Looks like it has been discontinued but they still have a few in stock

Yup thats the one.. I've only used it once but, It works well, is a bit clumbsy to get loaded. The 2 side discs are separate from each other, each skewer fits into holes on either side, and the U shaped end of them "locks" them in. But once loaded and together it's not bad. For the price i've been happy with it.

Man if they could come up with a planetary gear set to also rotate the individual skewers you'd really have a better mouse trap, sure it'd cost more to manufacture but I'd buy one at a higher price point.

It would be way more complicated but as long as the skewers turned faster than the rotisserie it would work well. :grin:

Back