THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather app on my iPhone is showing occasional thunderstorms from midnight into the late afternoon in Gettysburg.

You all screwed, 3 Eyez is now in their element. I'll be watching from the backyarders! :D

Im not gonna wear underwear to make the spanking easier...:mmph:

Thats a good call. Just found out that our butcher thought we'd be picking our meat up tomorrow evening. He had everything but ribs. I had to run to Giant and buy some spares (they were on sale, I'm a little disturbed by that.) I had to butcher them myself, not a pretty site (on my mental list of things to practice). Pretty sure we'll be getting caned on our arses, at least in ribs.

Thats a good call. Just found out that our butcher thought we'd be picking our meat up tomorrow evening. He had everything but ribs. I had to run to Giant and buy some spares (they were on sale, I'm a little disturbed by that.) I had to butcher them myself, not a pretty site (on my mental list of things to practice). Pretty sure we'll be getting caned on our arses, at least in ribs.

We gave up on giant for ribs after more than 75% were bad in the past year. (First we blamed ourselves, started going with a cooler full of ice for the 5 minute drive home.. didn't help.) Fyi the on-sale ones are usually frozen and then thawed in their display case.

I was gonna post about that tonight actually - if I buy fresh unfrozen ribs, should I just expect that 20-30% will be bad? Just found a bad cryo in a case from RD that has been on ice since we got it this evening.. It's helping with the minimalist cooks (4 racks instead of 6) but.. We may just go back to frozen. I don't think they cook the same though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

^^ We might have to buy Acme or Giant ribs tomorrow, I can't get to Costco tomorrow morning. We will have to see :rolleyes:

Hope we don't disturb everyone pulling in at 11-12 PM. Everyones gonna have at least twenty years on me but it'll be another good learning experience.

^^ We might have to buy Acme or Giant ribs tomorrow, I can't get to Costco tomorrow morning. We will have to see :rolleyes:

Hope we don't disturb everyone pulling in at 11-12 PM. Everyones gonna have at least twenty years on me but it'll be another good learning experience.

Look up Wegman's and stop there for ribs. They also have nice pork butts for $1.29/lb.

I'll have 2 extra racks of spares. Catch me before 11pm tonight or after 5am Saturday and they are yours. Knock on the trailer door after 11pm and you might get hurt though :icon_smile_tongue:

Dan, Let me go to the store this afternoon, and see if I can do better then $4.99 a LB. I can't bring myself to pay $5.49 for an untrimmed rack of spares. I appreciate the offer

If I do take you up on that offer I'm paying you for them.

Thanks for bearing with me, :-D

TF

Back