THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuff is not bad at all for the price, but I can get you a much, much better tipple for a few bucks more.

There is a concept of "The Secret that's too big to keep" - makes it seem sort of reasonable that that Franklin does just use Salt, pepper, fine grade brisket, extended hold times- and is super consistent in his craft...oh...and tallow too??

but I do love a good conspiracy.

It’s not mine to reveal, but his recipe is on YouTube.

Uh huh

Sometimes you have to just listen to what he says. He is not making competition style brisket.... it's a restaurant serving a hell of a lot of briskets each day. The quality of the meat, the air flow of his cookers, the spritzing, the active holding of the meat for 12 hours plus.... all have something to do with the final product. You think it is some little secret ingredient like an extra sprinkle of garlic powder or whatever is what makes a Franklin brisket at his restaurant? If you think so, you need to look in a mirror and rethink who you are calling a fool.

Exactly why I don’t come to this forum much. I’m a fool, what a mighty keyboard warrior you are. I was going to hint to the video, but the arrogance and douchebaggery of some keyboard cooks wins out again.

Exactly why I don’t come to this forum much. I’m a fool, what a mighty keyboard warrior you are. I was going to hint to the video, but the arrogance and douchebaggery of some keyboard cooks wins out again.

I think the vast majority of brethren just have an off-sense of humor which often is interpreted as douchebaggery, but 99.99% are just being silly.

Now with the amount of members/visitors we have on this forum that 1 100th leaves plenty of room for the real McCoy. :)

I think the vast majority of brethren just have an off-sense of humor which often is interpreted as douchebaggery, but 99.99% are just being silly.

Now with the amount of members/visitors we have on this forum that 1 100th leaves plenty of room for the real McCoy. :)

Perhaps that off-sense of humor comes from years of to much smoke inhalation for many of us [emoji3061]

You are the one who was calling people fools. How convenient you forget. Just go back up the thread.

No arrogance here. You contended you knew things that you don't. It was just pure conjecture on you part.

Sure, problem is your keyboard makes you think your opinion is fact. Or maybe people have access to things that you don’t. We bow to you, oh omnipotent one.

You can have Saban’s playbook, doesn’t mean you will be able to call a defense. The seasoning is just one part of the process. Doesn’t mean anyone including myself can replicate it.

Geez. You really have your panties in a bunch. I just disagreed with your contention that Franklin uses more than just S&P. So I am a "keyboard cook" and a "douchebag".

Ok. No more time for this.

Sure, problem is your keyboard makes you think your opinion is fact. Or maybe people have access to things that you don’t. We bow to you, oh omnipotent one.

You can have Saban’s playbook, doesn’t mean you will be able to call a defense. The seasoning is just one part of the process. Doesn’t mean anyone including myself can replicate it.
Omniscient? :pop2: This beats the hell out of soap operas and The Virginian.

This thread is almost as exciting as the first couple months of the Pit Barrel Cooker Appreciation thread! :clap:

I went and watched the Mad Scientist BBQ (particularly the Brisket on a Franklin Smoker video) mainly because of this thread. I though the video was shot pretty well. I though the fella gave some good tips. Would I use them all, probably not especially because I don’t have an offset smoker. But who cares, if you don’t like his cooker, cooking method, technique, or whatever don’t use it and don’t watch his videos.

BTW, y’all don’t want Ron_L or Phil showing up in here and handing out spankins!

Back