Thanksgiving part Deaux...live cook

Beentown

is Blowin Smoke!
Well, today is my sides Thanksgiving feast. It is being held at the cabin. Didn't wanna haul everything there and then have to clean up when I get home so the plan is to cook here and hold in the Cambro (Catergator actually). First up is brisket. Fires on.

f969cc67eca70d6ee44495612923ab97.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Next updates should be around 10'ish. Gotta get the bird ready then and do some quick lunch prep.

Rub was pepper, Lawrys, Himalayan salt, onion and garlic powder.

Injection was simply a can of beef broth and powdered beef base.

Cooking at 275'ish using cherry, hickory, oak and sugar maple.

I don't get very many "firsts" in bbq anymore. Well I have one this morning and I wonder what the outcome will be:

Neighbor musta had a dog gget sprayed because getting a pretty hard downwind smell of skunk. I hope it doesn't impart in the flavor of my food.

I’ve had it happen before and while I could swear I smelled it on food a little nobody else could so I’m sure it was just mind over matter. At least ten people had some of the PP I made that day and everyone agreed but me that it was skunk free.

I’ve had it happen before and while I could swear I smelled it on food a little nobody else could so I’m sure it was just mind over matter. At least ten people had some of the PP I made that day and everyone agreed but me that it was skunk free.

Included a pic of myself IMG_1729.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a change of wind direction. Woohoo!

The turkey is injected and just went on.

f78ed7622a606616c5cec29f6cf4c007.jpg

They're back up to $2.99 per pound here. Still a good deal but I like your price better :thumb:
I buy by the case. Only takes 4-20 pounders and the meat manager gives me case price. $2.99 here standard pricing which is still excellent.

Lunch is served...

Toasted hawaiian buns and a little homemade bbq sauce. Made my homemade sausage a little too spicy for the kids.
98f251bd50b861801f79a5f6717f264d.jpg
00a263a7e9fe0677d1482e7938cd14dc.jpg
3a3be94db716c9bbba2db5cd3d9f5f47.jpg

Back