THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toad

Found some matches.
The search function on this site is a great tool. Heck...this site is an outstanding source of info and the search only makes it better.

I had not done arm roasts before but had one left over from a quarter of beef I bought. I searched and researched the site and decided to use the tips I found in combination.

I marinated the arm roast in Allegro marinade, a dark beer, some chopped garlic and onion overnight. Next morning I put it on a rack and let it drip dry a few hours. Then, knowing it was a low fat cut and reading that they can dry out on you, I injected it with liquid Parkay margarine. I didn't punch all the way through the meat and I just did one side. If you can imagine a grid on the roast, I injected over a 2 square inch grid. So I ended up with little wells of Parkay all over the roast. Then I slathered a bit of the Parkay all over the roast and gave it a good rub down with dry rub. I refrigerated it again overnight.

I smoked it the next day, treating it like a pork butt, 220 degrees using mostly hickory. When I would check it or add wood, you could see the little wells of Parkay oozing out and keeping things greased up. I took it off at 200 internal and pulled it after it sat about 40 minutes.

Very moist, good flavor. I like making tacos from smoked pulled beef.

Thanks to all you previous arm roast contributors.

Sounds delicious. I love arm roast. I normally just cook them hot and fast to medium rare (with a quick reverse sear) and cut thin against the grain, but they make great pulled beef as well.

Back