Testing grill gun

cfrazier77

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Craig
I tried out my new grill gun today for heating up my Humphreys smoker.
Pros
Fun, comfortable in the hand, no hose to deal with, easy st light and kick to high gear, it does not suck the 1 lb bottle so fast that it freezes up. And the stand works very well.
Cons,
It does not put out as much heat as a weed burner. This hurt in hearing up the smoker. It took to long. No other cons from this use.

I think it will be great for lighting fires and charcoal and searing. I am going to keep using my weed burner with an 1 lb tank adapter for heating up the smoker. For the kickstarter price I am happy with it.

These pictures are the grill gun.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Craig! I use my old ranch weed burner for starting logs when camping and for actually burning weeds along fence rows, etc.. lol
That one looks small and handy. :grin:

I used the su vide burner tonight to sear a strip steak. The one worked excellent. It worked very well. Much better than a blow torch and better than a weed burner in results. And, it was easy to use and control. My go to sear is either a cast iron pan with butter or this.

Last edited:
I can see where it could be a handy gadget for blistering peppers and such.Looks like it does good on end searing also.

Back