THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Is 10 gallons of tea good gor 95 people for a buffet I am doing next weekend? If too much/not enough then how much? Been catering all year and most do there own drinks so I don't have much experience with drink amounts.

Thanks

I don't think it will be enough and if it's a hot day then double the amount.

allow 4 gallons each tea and lemonade, and offer about 1/4 sugar-free or unsweetened/2 hours. The weather will play a part. Make sure you also have plenty of water to drink. HTH

Iced Tea Syrup Concentrate

20-25 tea bags
6 cups water
2cups granulated sugar

Bring water,sugar and tea to a boil in a large pot (turn off) then steep for 10 min.
Filter and pour into a bottle and keep refrigerated.
Mix 5 parts of water to one part tea syrup concentrate or to your own taste. This makes about 2 gallons of tea (16 cups makes a gallon). 5x6=30
To serve 100-90 people along with beer, wine, punch you will need 3 gallons of tea

The client has requested unsweet tea only for drinks. This will be set up in insulated Catorade drink containers, I have 16oz cups so I will figure making 12.5 gallons.

Thanks

One other question, how many lbs. if ice would you have on hand for the tea for one hour of service?

Back