THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serious question, considering this is a non-KCBS contest and I'm not certified for anything, would anyone object if I let a camera roll on a tripod during judging assuming I don't show individual boxes or any judge commentary? I'd just love to create a quick behind the plastic turn-in table video for folks like me who don't know what happens once you drop off the box.

I completely understand if anyone has an issue but I'm sure I can create some clean, cool video.

As an organizer, I don't have a problem with it as long as the teams are unanimous about allowing it. I don't believe that any of the judges will have a problem with anonymity, but I'll check with them as well. If any do, we can focus on a separate table.

Eric

Serious question, considering this is a non-KCBS contest and I'm not certified for anything, would anyone object if I let a camera roll on a tripod during judging assuming I don't show individual boxes or any judge commentary? I'd just love to create a quick behind the plastic turn-in table video for folks like me who don't know what happens once you drop off the box.

I completely understand if anyone has an issue but I'm sure I can create some clean, cool video.

What a beautiful day! Clear, high 70's, a little windy.

The bands were great, Santa was great, the demos were great, the potluck was great. Seems to be a pattern here...

If you can make it, come down and say 'hi' tomorrow.

Eric

I got a chance to stop by earlier today, what a great day for some barbeque!! I didn't want to bother people too much since it was close to turn in times starting up, but said a quick hello to a couple teams. Here's a couple pics I took, hope you all had fun!

Attachments

• ABT pics 002.jpg
    ABT pics 002.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 138
  • ABT pics 003.jpg
    ABT pics 003.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 139
  • ABT pics 004.jpg
    ABT pics 004.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 138
  • ABT pics 005.jpg
    ABT pics 005.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 137
So to take the glory away from our wonderful organizers here are the full results
A great event for a great cause

Chicken
1 Bark Burners
2 BBQ Brethren
3 Baldwin Butt Burners
4 Smoking Aces
5 Ma's Que Crew
6 Pit Posse
7 Blazzing Buttz
8 TNT Dynamite BBQ
9 Jacked Up BBQ
10 Queer Eye for the BBQ Guy
11 Smoking Irish
12 Team Big Barry
13 Smoke 'N Barrel
14 Babylon Grillbillies
15 2 Old Men and a Smoker

Ribs
1 Baldwin Butt Burners
2 Ma's Que Crew
3 TNT Dynamite BBQ
4 Blazzing Buttz
5 Jacked Up BBQ
6 BBQ Brethren
7 Smoking Irish
8 Pit Posse
9 Babylon Grillbillies
10 Bark Burners
11 Smoking Aces
12 Queer Eye for the BBQ Guy
13 Team Big Barry
14 2 Old Men and a Smoker
15 Smoke 'N Barrel

Pork
1 TNT Dynamite BBQ
2 Smoke 'N Barrel
3 Baldwin Butt Burners
4 Smoking Aces
5 Bark Burners
6 Babylon Grillbillies
7 Jacked Up BBQ
8 2 Old Men and a Smoker
9 Blazzing Buttz
10 Queer Eye for the BBQ Guy
11 BBQ Brethren
12 Pit Posse
13 Ma's Que Crew
14 Smoking Irish
15 Team Big Barry

Brisket
1 Blazzing Buttz
2 Ma's Que Crew
3 Jacked Up BBQ
4 Babylon Grillbillies
5 Smoke 'N Barrel
6 Smoking Irish
7 TNT Dynamite BBQ
8 Pit Posse
9 Queer Eye for the BBQ Guy
10 2 Old Men and a Smoker
11 BBQ Brethren
12 Team Big Barry
13 Baldwin Butt Burners
14 Bark Burners
15 Smoking Aces

Overall
1 Blazzing Buttz
2 TNT Dynamite BBQ
3 Baldwin Butt Burners
4 Ma's Que Crew
5 Jacked Up BBQ
6 BBQ Brethren
7 Pit Posse
8 Babylon Grillbillies
9 Bark Burners
10 Smoking Irish
11 Queer Eye for the BBQ Guy
12 Smoking Aces
13 2 Old Men and a Smoker
14 Team Big Barry
15 Smoke 'N Barrel

Congratulations to all and especially Blazing Butts on the GC

Well, the first 'A Taste of Tanger' is now a pleasant memory and the time has come to thank those who have contributed to the events success.

First and possibly most important, I'd like to thank the competitors. This event had the lowest entry fee of any that I can remember. That obviously results in a lower payout. The event was held in not only a busy month for BBQ, but on a holiday weekend. So why did we get such great people to come down and participate? Because of the community we belong to and the cause behind the event.

Regardless of how you placed, I'm truly grateful to everyone that came down to compete.

I'd be remiss if I didn't thank Willie B, one of the organizers. Will's help was invaluable and I appreciate his time, patience and effort.

Phil, as with all the BBQ Brethren events is footing the bill for the cutting board trophies. I'm privileged to work with Phil on these events and as much as he gets out of the events, what he puts in is staggering.

Greg Barry and the Baldwin Butt Burners stepped up to compete very late in the game. They did this for the community and that speaks volumes about both themselves and the Brethren.

I would be remiss if I didn't offer my heartfelt thanks to Jerry and Linda Mullane. It was never in doubt, but they once again showed why they are the gold standard in officiating.

The event was a benefit for the Babylon Breast Cancer Coalition. Tess, the president of the BBCC and Bev, their event manager, were instrumental in the success of the event.

Santa Frank spent a lot of time in a very hot suit taking photos with anyone who would make a donation to the BBCC. Frank is a good man and I'm glad to have him on board.

The Tanger outlets were fantastic. Their people treated us well, the venue was great and we look forward to working with them again.

I'm getting ready to fall asleep while I'm typing this, so I'll end this by saying that we will strive to make improvements where we fell short and to continue with what we did well.

Thank you again.

Eric

My wife just pointed out to me that the date is wrong on the cutting boards. Today is September 5th and the date on the cutting boards is August 7th.

Yes, that was an unfortunate mistake on my part. That was the date of the Battle of the BBQ Brethren.

The cutting boards were being ordered and engraved a ways back and my eyes just skimmed over and accepted the date. I was sending out a ton of emails for that event and the date was just stuck in my brain.

I apologize and the fault is mine.

Eric

I had a great time getting DQ'd from judging and getting to see TWO Tanger outlet malls in one day. Wouldn't be a real contest if I wasn't running full speed at turnin time with Linda and Jerry jumping out of the way.

Congrats Blazzin Nuts. I saw the good, bad and the ugly of turn-ins today and ya'll are always tops. And to your neighbors, get those ribs in on time and we may have had a different champ. Thanks eric and will for another great LI contest and to phil for cheating so poorly (6th overall).

Video to follow.

And one last thing, why did I have to grill 50 pounds of sausage and peppers for two guys in some AC/DC cover band? I don't think those guys were that hungry. Thankfully Willy gave me a grill and sacrificed two beers for the beer bath...

As a judge... I want to thank Eric and whoever else helped organize the event, for all their hard work. It is always a pleasure to participate when you have Linda and Jerry Mullane officiating. They're great. Most of all, thanks to the Brethren and the teams for some excellent Q. I really enjoyed myself. That's what it's all about.

Back