Homeless Vets Thanksgiving (Long Island, NY)

motoeric

Babbling Farker
As we have for the past few years, the BBQ Brethren will be creating Thanksgiving meals for the families of at-risk/homeless veterans and families dealing with breast cancer.

Where: Deer Park, Long Island, NY
When: Wednesday, Nov. 21

We'd love to have you join us. Last year we provided 83 huge meals. If we have the resources, we might do as many as 100 this year.

There will be a small fleet of Shirley's in the parking lot smoking up turkeys as the rest of the meals get assembled inside a hall.

If you'd like to just come by and lend a hand, please do. If you'd like to participate, we need:

Cooked: glazed carrots, yams, peas, brussel sprouts, mac and cheese, gravy.
Purchased: Gravy, pretzels, chips, crackers, salsa, cookies, cakes, pies.

Here are some photos from last year: https://tinyurl.com/turkeymeals

That's very cool! Thank you for doing that. I've made an extra turkey and sides the last few years for a family in need. Such a great feeling helping out. Just wanted to give this post a friendly bump and say thanks!

I still cant comprehend a veteran being homeless. It pisses me off to the point of wanting to kick someones a$$. Anyhow, this is an awesome event. Next time if you want to arrange for donations I would be glad to send a few bucks. Bless you and the Brethren for what you do.

Back