THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a camp chef explorer 2 burner and I am thinking about getting the flat top griddle to go on top of it. My local atwoods has them for $95, so it isn't a major purchase. My wife doesn't think that I would use it very much. I currently have a lsg vertical cabinet, Weber summit charcoal grill, green mountain grill daniel boone, and a uds. So, I don't necessarily need it, but I kind of have wanted one for a while. How often do you guys cook on yours and what do you cook on it? I am interested in cooking smash burgers and possibly cheese steak sandwiches, but I don't know how often I would cook either of those. Thanks.

I cook all kinds of stuff on mine like shrimp, steak, bacon, fried rice, but one of my favorites is a skirt burger.

FypsO1Am.jpg

My Camp Chef arrived on Wednesday afternoon. I assembled it Wednesday evening, seasoned it yesterday morning and used it to cook lunch and dinner yesterday :)

I think I am going to like it :becky:

IMG-0229.jpg

Overstuffed Bacon and Veggie Omelet
IMG-0235.jpg

Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice
IMG-0245.jpg

Ahhhhh, this so tempting.

You know it's gonna happen, so save some time - start looking for what's best for you, and get 'er done! I have a Camp Chef camp stove with a griddle attachment as well as the Lodge one Toymaster mentioned. They both really come in handy.

There are many situations where a griddle is the right thing. Great for reverse searing steaks & burgers, making beef cheek tacos, sauteeing lots of onions for sausages and dawgs, breakfast, and it just goes on and on.

I have a camp chef explorer 2 burner and I am thinking about getting the flat top griddle to go on top of it. My local atwoods has them for $95, so it isn't a major purchase. My wife doesn't think that I would use it very much. I currently have a lsg vertical cabinet, Weber summit charcoal grill, green mountain grill daniel boone, and a uds. So, I don't necessarily need it, but I kind of have wanted one for a while. How often do you guys cook on yours and what do you cook on it? I am interested in cooking smash burgers and possibly cheese steak sandwiches, but I don't know how often I would cook either of those. Thanks.

BUY ONE NOW!!

I hope this helps!:-D:-D:-D:-D

I almost bought it today while I was on lunch, but I checked my email and got sucked into the brisket sale from creekstone farms. I ended up buying 2 briskets. I still might get the griddle. I have to pace myself to keep the wife off of my back.

You will love it!!! Got my blackstone and cook on it at least 4 times a week. Amazing the things you can think of to cook on it when you have one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the cast iron one used on my Kirkwood triple burner grill and it went to rust for no use. Nonetheless I have wanted the Little Griddle for by Camp Chef for some time. What has kept me from buying is the cleaning headache after use. Especially since I would likely not use it more than a few time a month.

I have a super-limited edition Fiskstone griddle from former Brethren David Fisk (RIP).

I was fortunate for him to have sold me one of his prototypes for a Weber 26" kettle. Its pretty awesome and I don't use it as much as I should:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tell her if you have it, you might not always use it.
But... if you don't have one, you can't ever use it. :mad2:

There ain't nothin like home cured bacon and eggs for breakfast on the patio, fresh off the griddle! :wink:
Look Honey, you don't have to cook! :wink:

Back