THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M

Mike - CSBBBQ

Noticed in the Butcher downtime thread several comments about a class in the off season. The question is..whose class would you take and why?

I smell smoke!!! class, besides being a great class I also had a blast during the class. Coulnt tell you if it made a difference as I did not mimic anything but just tweaked what I already did. I did win a GC soon after taking the class

Myron tells me he also may have to cut back from his usual 3 classes each year if TLC decides to produce more episodes of "BBQ Pitmasters". If they do, he may not hold a February class in 2010.

(Of course I highly recommend the Jack's Old South class.)

I think Myron's would be nice.

Heck any of them that are regular competitors would be cool.

I'd be most interested in getting tips on preparing turn-in boxes. I'm comfortable with the cooking, but those boxes really get to me.

Rod Gray-Johnny Trigg class.....

excellent choice if it's available next year. Helped me a lot.

I'd like to take the Lotta Bull class - especially because he cooks on a stickburner
Also an excellent class but he cooks on a Jambo oven and uses matchlight charcoal. Doesn't really qualify as a stick burner. Add one stick every 60 -90 minutes and back on the couch for a nap. Told us we'd be better off getting some sleep and getting up at ??? well you'll have to take the class to learn that part.

If in the northeast I hear Steve's class is pretty good and southeast try Myron. Midwest - try Rod if they don't do combiend classes.

excellent choice if it's available next year. Helped me a lot.

Also an excellent class but he cooks on a Jambo oven and uses matchlight charcoal. Doesn't really qualify as a stick burner. Add one stick every 60 -90 minutes and back on the couch for a nap. Told us we'd be better off getting some sleep and getting up at ??? well you'll have to take the class to learn that part.

If in the northeast I hear Steve's class is pretty good and southeast try Myron. Midwest - try Rod if they don't do combiend classes.

I thought he sold that pit and cooks on a Yoder now. Yoders and Horizons are pretty much the exact same pit - though I bet his is a bit tighter than mine ;)

I took Myron's class. Worth every penny!

I heard Rod and Tuffy might do "a" east coast class this year. If they do, I'm there.

Johhny isn't doing classes with Rod this coming year. (or so I have been told) Focusing on the TLC Pitmaster show.

If that's the case then I would be interested in going back east to an IQUE class. They happen to be the team that I wanted to be like when we started this competition cooking thing.

I would like to take one of the classes but like some of the others not msure which one.The Rod /Jihnny class if still available has been done by many around our area so I am thinking I should be trying something different.

I took the Pellet/Trigg class and loved it. More than payed for itself 1st comp out as we won RGC. Signed up for the FE/Butcher class and can't wait to drive to Oklahoma:-D
See you there!

I heard Rod and Tuffy might do "a" east coast class this year. If they do, I'm there.
no kidding, if I could fly there, love to see that in person!

I took a Paul Kirk class last spring before I knew anything about competition bbq. It was worth every penny and a great introductory class. Now, after one season of competition I know even less. So, I am going to the Fast Eddy/Butcher BBQ class in Ponca City.

I took the Lotta Bull class this summer. Very next contest I won GC and the contest after that i was 3rd overall with 3 top 5 meats including a 1st in ribs. It was a great class.

I would love to take Myrons class and if Tuffy does a class I would definately be interested.

Back