SV Pork Steak...Yum.

darita

is Blowin Smoke!
Ok...I tried grilling pork steak several times, but could never get them tender. Only way I could get them tender was to smoke them like ribs, which was good, but it was like eating CSRs. In Comes SV.
Marinated over night in teriyaki sauce, then in the SV bath at 140* for 8 hours. Once out and chilled for a few minutes, I seared them hot on the SnS Grill. I was doubtful it would tenderize the steak, but boy was I wrong. They came out tender and juicy and with the seared fat, the flavor was perfect. This is now my go-to pork steak recipe. Please excuse the poor pics, but they were an afterthought.
BwmY2Hb.jpg

dtg1Jnw.jpg

Glad to see you got the pork steaks down and thanks for thinking of us. Oh and it looks delicious.

Glad to see you got the pork steaks down and thanks for thinking of us. Oh and it looks delicious.

Ya, sorry. I was just so excited to see what the results were that I forgot to take the nice first slice shot. Once I took the bite, I forgot and kept eating. lol.
I really was skeptical as to SV's ability to tenderize, but now that I've done the pork steaks and skirt steak, it's pretty obvious that it does work to tenderize meat, while not cooking past your desired doneness.
Now all that said, the juiciness is still not quite there yet. The meat is plenty moist, but it doesn't flow out when you cut the meat like it does when you straight grill meat. It's something to work toward I guess.

Last edited:
Ya, sorry. I was just so excited to see what the results were that I forgot to take the nice first slice shot. Once I took the bite, I forgot and kept eating. lol.
I really was skeptical as to SV's ability to tenderize, but now that I've done the pork steaks and skirt steak, it's pretty obvious that it does work to tenderize meat, while cooking past your desired doneness.
Now all that said, the juiciness is still not quite there yet. The meat is plenty moist, but it doesn't flow out when you cut the meat like it does when you straight grill meat. It's something to work toward I guess.

Yup, my two biggest reason I don't get a post. Food is really good and very hungry :-D

Back