Super fatty?

Gimmethecash

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Steven
Anyone ever combine fatties (or roll their own) to make one (or more) with a cross-section the size of an English muffin, McD’s sausage McMuffin style? Will the outside get too crispy by the time the center is up to temp? (smoking at ~275*)

I’m heading to the store to buy JD chubs or, in their absence, some pork shoulder to roll my own fat nekkid ones. Would be nice to slice/vac seal/freeze a bunch of smoked fatty patties.

I get sausage logs- jimmy Dean or Bob Evans and smoke them @ 225-250 They are very popular on this site You do get an outside crust The inside is warm moist and good

Anyone ever combine fatties (or roll their own) to make one (or more) with a cross-section the size of an English muffin, McD’s sausage McMuffin style? Will the outside get too crispy by the time the center is up to temp? (smoking at ~275*)

I’m heading to the store to buy JD chubs or, in their absence, some pork shoulder to roll my own fat nekkid ones. Would be nice to slice/vac seal/freeze a bunch of smoked fatty patties.

The extra size shouldnt be an issue. People smoke meatloafs all the time and they are still larger than an english muffin sized fatty!

Be sure to post pics!

Thanks guys :grouphug:

I located the real-deal JD chubs at Ralph’s :whoo: so I picked up a couple Sage and four regular all natural, two of which I’m going to try infusing with some maple syrup since they had no maple chubs (I think that still counts as nekkid). Thinking of rubbing one each of my three flavors and/or squishing ‘em up for a little bigger cross section. Or not.

I’ll post pics of the carnage when I smoke ‘em.

You can concoct one as big as a prime rib primal.Just cook it like a prime rib.Low and slow.I put about 3 lbs. of JD or whatever else I like that is on sale and bake it like a meatloaf in a loaf pan.I turn it out to smoke it after it "sets". Makes wonderful sausage and egg/ cheese "Toasters".

790a0c3fb0e533d59fb4d59c21b2ce96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did them quite a bit when we were deep into the Keto thing. I made a Cowgirl Fatty Piston and would smoke 6 of them at a time. That let vac seal all the slices so breakfasts weren't more than a few seconds away in the nukerwave.

Back