Don't mind me...jus' a fatty rollin' thru

DefTaker

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Tony
Hope everyone's doing well in spite of the current situation...I have tonz of bbq & grilin pronz but too lazy to post & upload...but I hadn't smoked a fatty in a while and well, this one was just too good not to share. Plus, I gotta give back to this community as I'd never heard of smoking a fatty (not in the bbq sense, anyway :wink:) until I joined this forum.

Ran outta parchment paper so I kinda just got lazy/sloppy on the tuck/fold/roll back after stuffing the fatty but I gotta say, despite not being a looker, she came out tasting mighty fine!

Here's the deets on this fatty:

• Jimmy Deans regular
  • Memphis Dust
  • cream cheese
  • sharp cheddar
  • sweated onions (not caramelized)
  • bacon (cooked crispy and crumbled into the cream cheese, onion and cheddar mix in the middle)

Meathead's Memphis Dust + Jimmy Dean's is a great combo on its own...previously used Malcom Reed's Hot BBQ Rub (which I still prefer on my St. Louis ribs) but the Memphis Dust takes it on the fatty.

Attachments

• Resized_20201028_185711.jpeg.jpg
    Resized_20201028_185711.jpeg.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Resized_20201028_191031.jpeg.jpg
    Resized_20201028_191031.jpeg.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 133
Outstanding Fatty!!!
I really like the mixture you used for the filling. With cooks like that, you need to post more!!!

I like your username! TC are my initials and my 'nickname' at work (long story and I won't go into it). :)

Looks great! I prefer Malcom's The BBQ Rub on my fatties. Good stuff!

I've tried both his original and hot BBQ Rubs and prefer the Hot but I really think the Memphis Dust pairs better with the flavor profile of the regular flavored Jimmy Dean's sausage.

When it comes to ribs though, I think The Hot BBQ rub is where it's at! Just ran out of the 5lb bag but I'm thinking I'd like to give something different a shot before I reorder another 5lb bag from Malcolm :D

Back