Sunday smoke sesh Bears v. Bucaneers ed.

BrandonBBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Brandon
Hopefully bringing good luck to the boys today!

Menu:
baby back ribs (2 slabs - 1.5 my 1st rub attempt /.5 wifes fave "white lightning" rub)
5lbs chicken wings - soy, salt, sugar, water, oil brine for a few hours.

Cook:
@ 250, ribs first for about 45-60 minutes then chicken wings on and finishing at 250 for another 2 hours. Gonna brush (no squirt bottle yet) ribs with apple cider every so often.

Basques sugar maple fuel and applewood smoke.

71ccd15f7ab5caef2de99f0d7905ae68.jpg

09dde60f6aff8a34d776baa937a92dea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looks like you brought em a bit of luck thus far....

You know you can't cook different the rest of the season now... ;)

So brushing the meat with the apple cider mixture seemed like a good idea, but lose a bunch of temp when it happens. So I just decided that they're going to smoke at 225 the rest of the time untouched.

Pain in the ass when I don't have a surface to put things on next to the cooker.

I use a spray bottle for apple juice... lift the lid a little and squirt it in.

Looks great and the way they played yesterday, you need to cook this exact feast every week till the season's over!

+1 for the squirt bottle, BTW. I splurged and bought the $3 ones at Lowe's. Tried re-using empty windex or other bottles, they don't last, weren't meant to.

Looks great and the way they played yesterday, you need to cook this exact feast every week till the season's over!

+1 for the squirt bottle, BTW. I splurged and bought the $3 ones at Lowe's. Tried re-using empty windex or other bottles, they don't last, weren't meant to.

HA! I got mine for $1.50 at the grocery store and it even says "BBQ" on it and has grill graphics.

Back