THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TwoWheeler

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
David
Just found this in the freezer:

C9681626-C12-C-4497-846-C-D205-B59911-DB.jpg

Was thinking of brining it, rubbing it (good excuse to try Oak Ridge Black Ops) and then throwing it on the pellet pooper - sort of like a brisket wannabe. (It’s a good 3” thick)

What temp to cook and what temp to finish? Low & slow? Hot and fast? Brisket done temp or more like steak finishing temp?

…or something entirely different?

Search for pepper stout beef, a brethren favorite. Or check out thirdeye's recent post with the Italian Beef sammich. Can't go wrong with either of those.

So, will cooking to brisket temp (205-ish) dry it out too much? “Done” temp is quite different for a beef roast than a brisket.

I’m in the middle of a chuck right now. Just finished a 24 hour dry brine with Black Ops. Dropped it in the Sous Vide at 155…planning on 24 hours. I plan to ice bath it for a couple of hours, then onto the smoker at 275 for several hours.

• Thanks
Reactions: scp
I’m in the middle of a chuck right now. Just finished a 24 hour dry brine with Black Ops. Dropped it in the Sous Vide at 155…planning on 24 hours. I plan to ice bath it for a couple of hours, then onto the smoker at 275 for several hours.

Sounds interesting...let us know how it comes out.

Search for pepper stout beef, a brethren favorite. Or check out thirdeye's recent post with the Italian Beef sammich. Can't go wrong with either of those.

Agreed 100%, I am actually planning on doing that this weekend! Pepper stout beef is a huge winner, always!

Back